Hi I'm Semi55

semi55

Dryer sheet wannabe
My introduction to this fantastic forum. I've been silently lurking in the shadows, gobbling up all the info that I can, and trying to make sense of it all.

I semi-retired at 55,being right on the knife's edge about whether I have enough to "live-comfortably" for the remainder of what I hope is a long life. You see, I have expensive and diverse hobbies, and I'm not really willing to cut back yet.

Also, my wife simply LOVES her job, something I've only felt a few times in my career, and doesn't plan to quite for a few more years.

So there is the boredom thing. Only so much you can "enjoy" when the other half is busy working and not too keen on you taking off to Mexico with some single buddies.

That's it for now. Looking forward to learning more, and helping anyone who asks.

Semi 55

Welcome. We are 55+ and work part time from home at hobby jobs, and find it is a nice balance for us.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm part time as well while my partner still works full time, so I have some of the same challenges. But I do enjoy having my "alone" time, so it works out pretty well for both of us. I'm sure you will find the right mix of activities while you wait for your spouse to retire with you.

Only so much you can "enjoy" when the other half is busy working and not too keen on you taking off to Mexico with some single buddies.

My DW still works and I annually take off with my single buddies, college friends from way back, to:cool: places like Las Vegas, South Beach, New York. She has frowned at my taking off with single women though.:cool:

Welcome to the site. Currently 53 and hoping to retire before my 55th birthday. Wife retired a couple of years ago. Like you I have expensive hobbies and toys. So I am making certain that I have enough socked away to facilitate the lifestyle I have become accustom to . Currently on track but still have a ways to go. Fortunately, I still love my job and my wife would like a little more time to experience retirement solo before I join her.

Back
Top Bottom