Very Conservative 'Chicken' Portfolio

I am going to challenge the premise of your post (and most of the replies).
Your "conservative chicken portfolio" is a low volitility, low market risk portfolio. It is a very high inflation risk portfolio.
Historically portfolios with at least 30-35% equities have survived better over long periods of time.

Your "conservative chicken portfolio" is a low volitility, low market risk portfolio. It is a very high inflation risk portfolio.

+1
Even at modest 2% inflation this is a portfolio bound to be eroded by inflation unless OP has withdrawal rate of 1% or less.

Simple S&P 500 would pay more than that in dividends (With feds tax of 0 USD and 120+ plus years of history.)

Last edited:
Historically portfolios with at least 30-35% equities have survived better over long periods of time.
Well, the OP did suggest he/she would invest up to 40% equities when SS is collected. The OP is 58 now so... The situation of OP may not be as dire as you are suggesting. But yes, inflation bites.

Back
Top Bottom