$20/mo Unlimited (?) with AT&T ZTE Mobley

nvestysly

Full time employment: Posting here.
In my never-ending quest for an internet connection at our house and a connection when we travel the U.S. with our RV, I stumbled across something offered by AT&T - it's called ZTE Mobley. The current offer is available to anyone. That is, you don't have to be an existing AT&T customer and it's not necessary to "bundle" this with other features/plans.

Buy the Mobley device for $99 and there's no contract. Or, sign up for two years and the device is free. The monthly charge is $20 for unlimited data although the fine print indicates the speed may be throttled when you exceed 22GB.

There are a number of threads on various forums to discuss the AT&T Mobley and the current $20 offer. I feel confident it's legitimate although not all the AT&T reps seem to know about the device and plan. There is a lengthy thread on iRV2.com (a sister forum to e-r.org) in which several members have indicated they have the device and plan and find it very useful. As with anything technology related some people have had problems and the customer service at AT&T can be spotty. But for $20 per month I'm very interested.

The Mobley device is designed to plug into the OBD-II connector on your automobile and then take the AT&T cell phone signal and convert it to WiFi for up to 5 devices. I guess a repeater could be used (at home for instance) to connect more devices. USB and AC adapters are available on eBay so you can power the Mobley in a variety of ways - not just in your car.

Sounds good. Anyone else using it?

Sounds terrific!
But I notice that it's only useful with AT&T so for RV use it might be tough when you need roaming.

The AT&T ZTE Mobley will be locked to the AT&T network when purchased and cannot be unlocked to be used on another carrier’s network

please keep posting info about this setup. it looks like a good deal and might work out for cheap internet and data usage.

When we full timed we spent half of the year out west through Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and further north. Most of the places we went had weak to nonexistent AT&T cell service. We were mostly in remote areas. We used Millenicom who at that time used Verizons network. Worked ok for email and some web surfing. Usually not fast enough for streaming videos.
So while AT&T may work better with the soft caps you should check out the coverage areas and make sure they will be in areas you are.

Here in Arizona, ATT coverage is good along interstates in most areas, but once you get off the beaten path, it is slow to non-existent in the areas I travel.

Back
Top Bottom