All time high

Meh, after the experience of 2008/early 2009 days like today make me think "is that the worst you can do, punk?"

I see nothing obvious pushing stuff down except the apparent feeling of some of the more excitable market participants that it is "time" for a correction. Knock yourself out, guys.

I didn't realize today was a "market correction" till I got stuck waiting on hold with Fidelity for 30 minutes. I wondered what was up, checked the market quotes, and then figured out I was waiting in the hold queue so everyone could place their sell orders. :D

Probably this.
Stocks, Commodities Drop on China Inflation Steps, Irish Debt - Bloomberg
Global stocks fell for a seventh day, the longest streak since January, and commodities slid amid concern that the debt crisis in Ireland and Greece is worsening and that China will act to slow its economy. U.S. Treasuries snapped a two-day plunge and the dollar rallied

Meh, none of that is new; people just decided to pay attention to it because they need a psychological excuse to sell.

SELL?

We bought a chunk of Vanguard Small Cap today with proceeds from selling stock options last week just before DH's company stock slid almost 20%...if I pretended to be a market timer I'd say, yup sold at the high just like we planned :D

Now we're all balanced and I can go about my merry way.

...if I pretended to be a market timer I'd say, yup sold at the high just like we planned :D
No no no... :nonono:
Even if you are a "dirty market timer", you are supposed to pretend you are not and to say that you are just "rebalancing".

The next time someone gets the urge to go on about the market highs ! Do us all a favor and

That guy can't be me, he's too thin. :D

Come on girl, this ain't nothin after what we've been through.

It's almost time to buy again.

That guy can't be me, he's too thin. :D

Come on girl, this ain't nothin after what we've been through.

It's almost time to buy again.

Actually I took advantage of your thread and sold so I am a happy camper . I now know to not schedule my re balancing just wait for one of these threads and act on it !:):)

Attachments

• S&P.jpg
    S&P.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 11
Dex, we are always at a pivotal time. A market is made up of buyers and sellers, some think it's time to buy and some think it's time to sell. Me, I don't know nothin, I'm just sittin with what I got. The market can do what ever it wants to. I've learned my lesson and was almost out a 7K the last down turn.

I don't think your market timing is much better than mine or anyone elses for that matter.

Then what was your reason for going all cash a while back, did you need the $.

Asset Allocation re-allocation

:LOL:

So, let me see if I understand all this...

China is growing too fast, so they "allegedly" act to slow growth. The market goes down...

The declining dollar is not good. The dollar rallies, and stocks go down...

Time for a med!

Rebalance, rebalance, rebalance............

I kinda like being imbalanced... :cool:
imbalanced
unbalanced
debalanced
abalanced
retrobalanced
semibalanced
quasibalanced
neobalanced
hemibalanced
kilobalanced

Waiting for the plumber...

This just gets curiouser and curiouser.

In some circles, it appears to be better labeled as a wife-beater, or perhaps even a child molester than being called a dirty market timer. :rolleyes:

Actually I took advantage of your thread and sold so I am a happy camper . I now know to not schedule my re balancing just wait for one of these threads and act on it !:):)

Are you still happy?:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom