Amazon prime TV when on vacation

Tom52

Full time employment: Posting here.
We recently purchased an Amazon Prime subscription. We access Amazon Prime TV via a roku box. We have rented a house in Florida this winter and are wondering if it would be possible to take our roku box with us to access Amazon Prime TV at the rental. Maybe this is a no brainer but we don't have any experience with this and I could'nt find anything on line. We are told the rental does have WiFi internet access. Anyone have any experience doing this?

It should work just fine as long as the TV at the rental house has the correct "ports" to plug your roku into and the internet speed is sufficient.

Also if you have an iPad, the Amazon Video app. lets you download videos so you can view them offline, like on a plane.

We recently purchased an Amazon Prime subscription. We access Amazon Prime TV via a roku box. We have rented a house in Florida this winter and are wondering if it would be possible to take our roku box with us to access Amazon Prime TV at the rental. Maybe this is a no brainer but we don't have any experience with this and I could'nt find anything on line. We are told the rental does have WiFi internet access. Anyone have any experience doing this?

Do this all the time. No problem. Need an HDMI port on the TV, an HDMI cable and WiFi with sufficient speed.

Like others have said, it works fine within the US (like you'll be). I like the Roku stick because it is much smaller than the regular squarish box, it plugs directly into the HDMI port (no cable needed) and the power adapter is smaller.

One unexpected advantage of cutting the cord and using Prime Video/Netflix/whatever is that you can spend time somewhere else and stay current. If you lease/own a second place, you only need one subscription instead of two CATV bills.

Last edited:
We're doing that right now in a condo in the Keys for a month using our Roku 3. Nice to keep up with the shows we like.

Back
Top Bottom