And now for something completely different

Idnar7

Recycles dryer sheets
Get your creative vibe on and share the first leading sentence of a book you want to write and people want to read more. (Channeling Trombone Al). Any type book. Here is my try:

"Chuck was an ambitious, if not highly successful, door-to-door bidet salesman in North and South Dakota".

It was 2AM. The lights were dim. The whir of computer servers filled the basement as a group of five white hats intently focused on the data streaming across their screens...

Yes, I know, it's more than one sentence.

Call me Ishmael.

Last edited:
John couldn't stop the words of his fellow workers echoing in his head as he carefully screwed the red wire to the terminal.

Or

John watched as the man and woman returned from their lunchtime walk in the park and each got into separate cars to drive off, now John had to decide which one to follow.

Well, here was the entry I made to the Bulwer-Lytton contest a few years ago when first trapped at home at the start of the pandemic. (https://www.bulwer-lytton.com) I didn't win.

After the thick smoke from the pitched battle cleared, Capt. Nathaniel “Nate” Robeson stepped victoriously from the shadowy forest undergrowth into the sun-dappled clearing, and was temporarily blinded by the light — and realized too late that the natives had mastered short-pulse laser technology, and his blindness would last the rest of his life, but, okay, this duration still qualified as “temporary.”

The dazzling Lucifer Hummingbird Calothorax lucifer is only found in two areas of the United States.

As he dumbly contemplated the stump of what had once been his left arm, Henry belatedly concluded that raising velociraptors had not been one of his wiser decisions.

As a recent graduate of Harvard Law School, 26 year old Rogue Turner, the little known daughter of Ted Turner and Jane Fonda, was not only very wealthy and beautiful, she was also brilliant.

As a recent graduate of Harvard Law School, 26 year old Rogue Turner, the little known daughter of Ted Turner and Jane Fonda, was not only very wealthy and beautiful, she was also brilliant.

The sister of Page?

Thanks guys....you're already starting to write the background story for me.

Last edited:
It was a dark, cold night and Trombone Al and Rayinpenn were nowhere to be found.

McAndrews fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.

They say that you never hear the sound of the bullet that kills you but he was curious.

Back
Top Bottom