Anyone ditched the couch for a loveseat or just chairs?

My wife has her rocker and I have my recliner and we also have a modest size sofa. The dog uses it. If we have company we can change the cover on the sofa. So you just need a dog. A large dog. 😉

We have a small awkward living room with numerous openings. We ditched our couch years ago in favor of two comfortable recliners and never looked back.

We rarely entertain, but between a third (spare) recliner in the living room, and a modular loveseat/ottoman that normally lives in the spare room, breaks apart into movable pieces light enough for me to move on my own, and comfortable enough to sit in for a few hours if needed we are pretty much set. The loveseat also does double duty as deck furniture in the summer.

A tale of caution: We ditched our couch for two recliners - I thought it would be great but there were several issues. For one, they took up a bit more room width wise than I would have guessed - fine if you have room, but we don't. Secondly, we bought these pretty nice Barcalounger rocker recliners from Costco and while they were comfortable to recline in, they weren't all that comfortable for just sitting. The last issue for us was that they were electric and when the power goes out (we're in Texas so it happens), the recliners are stuck in whatever position you have them in. After a year, I sold them and bought a super nice comfy leather couch and couldn't be happier.

If you like recliners, just make sure you get one that works for you - comfort both reclined and not - and a quality one that works well.

It is funny, if it wasn't for looks, I'd remove the couch and loveseat altogether and have 6 comfy swivel leather recliners. We have some nice Norwegian design recliners made by IMG. We also have 2 Ekornes Stressless chairs/ottoman.

But, my wife wouldn't like "the look". The things we do for looks.

Scuba, would you be willing to share the brand etc?

Volfan, the link is below. They call it a “large 3-seat sofa” but while 3 an easily fit, it’s more comfortable for 2. It’s a very sleek looking recliner and both the neck supports and the leg supports move. It’s battery operated so no ugly cords unless it’s recharging. Apparently this is an excellent example of inflation as the price is about 50% more than in 2015.

https://www.roche-bobois.com/en-US/product/calisto-large-3-seat-sofa/45_set.html

Volfan, the link is below. They call it a “large 3-seat sofa” but while 3 an easily fit, it’s more comfortable for 2. It’s a very sleek looking recliner and both the neck supports and the leg supports move. It’s battery operated so no ugly cords unless it’s recharging. Apparently this is an excellent example of inflation as the price is about 50% more than in 2015.

https://www.roche-bobois.com/en-US/product/calisto-large-3-seat-sofa/45_set.html

At $15k I'll have to pass.

My wife has her rocker and I have my recliner and we also have a modest size sofa. The dog uses it. If we have company we can change the cover on the sofa. So you just need a dog. A large dog. 😉

Haha. My cat *(now passed on) was the main sofa sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom