Anyone Watching The NEW DR. WHO?

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
PBS has run three of the latest Doctor. I really liked last week's, back in time to Dickensian England. They had Dickens in it too, right before the end of his life. I'm a Dickens "fan" too! (you had to be there for that one)

I think the latest Doctor is okay, the girl, well, acceptable, at least she's not screechy.

The first new show made you think twice about plastic :D

Dr. WHO has been our favourite for 30+ years.

You are about a year behind on PBS. I really like the latest Dr. WHO.

You haven't seen him yet. Rose is great but be prepared for a shock.

Stay tuned. We finished the latest series with a cliffhanger about 2 months ago.

One of my favourite shows of all time.

Dr. WHO runs on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting System).

Dr. Who is a favorite at my house, too. Took me a bit to warm up to Christopher Eccleston, but I grew to like him. Like Rose, too. But won't say any more to keep from spoiling things. :-X

I see the next season is running on the BBC now, so hopefully ScFi will pick it up this summer. I understand there's a spinoff, Torchwood, ... I've read a bit about it on other boards and would like to see it.

I never liked Eccleston.

The new guy is the best as you will see.

I was in love with Rose. :mad:

But all good things must come to an end! :'(

actually just caught a dr. who last week. had no idea was still in production. can't get into the eccleston guy but according to wiki he doesn't last long.

the best dr. who by far was tom baker who even co-starred on the simpsons.

Attachments

• 150px-Simpsons_Doctor_Who.jpg
    150px-Simpsons_Doctor_Who.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 150px-Simpsons_Doctor_Who.jpg_thumb
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
Tom Baker was at his prime in the late 70's.

We saw every episode!

In this (2007) series they brought back Tom's sidekick Sarah Jane.

What a tearjerker!

Google Sarah Jane Elisabeth Sladen. I was in love with her too! :D

I stand by the 2007 Dr. Who, the best ever.

I loved Eccleston! I was never that much into Dr. Who when he was sort of tweedy/geeky, so I liked the infusion of testosterone. The latest one - David Tennant, is a little closer to the tweedy/geeky, but he's got SOME sex appeal as well, so he's OK.

Zipper said:
Tom Baker was at his prime in the late 70's.

We saw every episode!

My DH is a big Tom Baker fan, too.

I watch too much scifi ... we recently were at a museum where one of the exhibits is a room done in the style of Mme de Pompadour. All I could think of was that episode in which the Doctor uses the fireplace portal to visit/protect the young Mme....

I'm a big s.f. fan too. Both Stargates (mourning the end of SG-1 this year), Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, Dr. Who.... I was bummed when they canned Threshold and the other short-lived series last year. Loving Heroes (OK, not so much s.f. as fantasy, but still...)

I watch it too. I have my DVR record it. I think it is in SCIFI.

I like the season 2 Dr. better myself. It's a pretty good show, with good story lines and the special effects are much better than the 70s Dr Who!

LKH said:
I'm a big s.f. fan too. Both Stargates (mourning the end of SG-1 this year), Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, Dr. Who....

You just descibed the contents of my DVR!
I like Eureka, too ... a quirky little show! Just checked SciFi's site and they say both Eureka and Dr. Who will return in July.

Big Sci Fi fan myself. However Dr Who is taking me some getting used too. Kind of quirky for me I guess thats the English way..

VoyT said:
You just descibed the contents of my DVR!
I like Eureka, too ... a quirky little show! Just checked SciFi's site and they say both Eureka and Dr. Who will return in July.

Yay! I'm liking the new installments of SG, but frustrated that it's gonna be NEXT YEAR before Battlestar Galactica comes back with new ones. So these will hold me over....

I guess it only shows on some local PBS stations. Not here. :( From PBS.org:

"Dr. Who is not a PBS program. PBS member stations are free to purchase programs from other distributors such as the BBC, which distributes this show. If your question concerns your local station's broadcast of this program (such as requesting that it be added to their schedule, or shown at a different time) please contact your local station directly."

Sorry Al ... I take it you don't have cable/satellite

Maybe for a nice donation your local PBS station might consider adding it ;)

Hmmm... So what I thought was the "New" Doctor (number 9) has already been replaced out there by Doc #10!

I liked Tom Baker, as long as they didn't have the English Army "special force" in it, couldn't hack them.
Memories... Lela... Perry if she didn't complain... maybe the body of Perry with the mind of Lela...

Pass that icicle, will ya? Ow! Not in the back!

Back
Top Bottom