Baseball 2015

The Nats have DC loaded with arms, though I was surprised to learn they're paying Werth more than Scherzer.

This is the Cubs' year.

The Cubs vastly improved their arms via Lester and Hammel. Hitting remains suspect with Alcantara and Baez too unrefined to contribute significantly yet.

I really think the Cubs have a legit chance to make the playoffs.

But to go all the way, when they are one out away from winning the world series, with a five run lead, then I'll jump on the bandwagon. After all, they are the Cubs :)

I can say for sure that I will be keeping my eye on my two favorite former hometown major league teams, the Cubs and Red Sox, and the minor league Bulls (AAA Rays) and Mudcats (A Indians).

As a Jays fan I'm hoping for two things. The Wild Card spot and the Sox to be last in the AL East. :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

For the past several months several ex-Rangers (Chris Davis, David Murphy and Craig Gentry) have been working out at my gym. I am really impressed with their work ethic in getting ready for spring training.

Hope the Rangers can bounce back from all the injuries of last year and be competitive.

For the past several months several ex-Rangers (Chris Davis, David Murphy and Craig Gentry) have been working out at my gym. I am really impressed with their work ethic in getting ready for spring training.

Hope the Rangers can bounce back from all the injuries of last year and be competitive.

They need pitching, pitching, and pitching...

Enjoy the Rockies, if only they could get it together.

However, having grown up with The Big Red Machine in the 1970's nothing will ever compare to them.

They need pitching, pitching, and pitching...

With the addition of Gallardo, they may be OK starting pitcher wise, but I am more concerned about relief arms and whether Feliz can again be a reliable closer.

As I recall the song is about the preferences of a young woman who is being wooed. She does not want fancy this and expensive that, rather she tells her young man to "take me out to the ball game........"

Baseball...America's impatient pastime :facepalm:

Major League Baseball and the players' association on Friday announced significant changes to increase the pace of play, including the requirement that a batter keep one foot in the batters' box at all times.

In addition, between-inning breaks will be timed by a major league representative, and pitchers who do not complete their traditional eight warm-up pitches before the 30-second mark to end the break will forfeit their remaining pitches. Timers will be installed on the outfield scoreboard and on the facade behind home plate.

What's next, getting rid of extra innings and just cal the game a tie? :(

MLB announces pace of play initiatives

Go Cubs Go.

Finally getting a jumbo tron.

Chris Bryant will play himself onto the MLB roster, even though Theo would like to keep him off to control him for another year.

Ok, I need to chime in. The Cardinals will win games, then falter, then win more and sneak into the playoffs AGAIN!!
Once in the playoff's anything can happen!
Life as a Card's fan is much more fun than a Cub's fan. But Wrigley is a neat place to watch a ballgame. And, having grown up as a Red Sox fan, the Cub's and Card's have a friendly rivalry, not like the Sox and Yankees. I cannot imagine wearing a Sox tee shirt to a Yankees game. But fans in both St Louis and Chicago have no problem!
Go Cards!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Ok, I need to chime in. The Cardinals will win games, then falter, then win more and sneak into the playoffs AGAIN!!
Once in the playoff's anything can happen!
Life as a Card's fan is much more fun than a Cub's fan. But Wrigley is a neat place to watch a ballgame. And, having grown up as a Red Sox fan, the Cub's and Card's have a friendly rivalry, not like the Sox and Yankees. I cannot imagine wearing a Sox tee shirt to a Yankees game. But fans in both St Louis and Chicago have no problem!
Go Cards!!!

Actually.... :LOL: The Cards will start out tied with the Cubs in last place. The Cubs will stay in last place while the Cards go on to win the whole shooting match.

If the Cubs ever win the World Series, imagine the insane chaos that will erupt here.

[..] Cub's and Card's have a friendly rivalry, not like the Sox and Yankees. I cannot imagine wearing a Sox tee shirt to a Yankees game. But fans in both St Louis and Chicago have no problem!
Go Cards!!!

A photo exists of me standing in front of the Stan The Man statue at Busch, wearing a new Cardinal cap and a big smile. :D

Also a Cards fan. I think our year depends on Wacha and Wainwright both being near 100%. In past years we could struggle for a while and still make the playoffs, but I think our division is going to be much tougher this year.

Win or lose, I'm thrilled the season is almost here! I will be in Jupiter in a few weeks for a game!

LET'S GO METS :dance:

I just got an email that our MLB.tv subscription auto-renewed at $129.99.
Mr B is a Red Sox fan. We don't get to watch the Red Sox on our TW cable service unless they play the Yankees. I watch with him but not as closely.

I can't use my PS2 anymore to view the games, so I have to connect my Acer laptop to the TV via the HDMI port.
No biggie, but it means I have to go back to my ancient Dell Inspiron B130 laptop so I can still surf the net while the game is on. Handcrank material ! :nonono:

Last edited:
Also a Cards fan. I think our year depends on Wacha and Wainwright both being near 100%. In past years we could struggle for a while and still make the playoffs, but I think our division is going to be much tougher this year.

Win or lose, I'm thrilled the season is almost here! I will be in Jupiter in a few weeks for a game!

I agree the pitchers will be the big question mark, however, it seems the Card's always manage!
Enjoy Jupiter! We went down two years ago and had a great time. We saw 3 games, but most remember the Card's v Mets at the Mets stadium. Neat and new stadium! And over half of the fans had Card's shirts or hats!

Back
Top Bottom