Black Friday Deals 2021

OK, I feel like the family with Cheeto dust, and dad (Hulu) shined the black light on me. I lit up like a Christmas tree.

So I'm trying to sign up and it is "hanging." I tried on the phone, it still hanged, but I swiped down and amazingly got a screen to enter my payment for $0.99 deal. I entered a different card than my current card.

Red Lights flash (OK, red font) and say "YOU are NOT eligible. Pay the full price of $6.99" (I may have slightly paraphrased.)

So, somewhere they are checking addresses on cards and coordinating, or something. Or maybe I just have too many cookies hanging around. I thought I cleared everything, but perhaps not.

Maybe next year.

Catholic guilt strikes again. I may need to say a few "Our Fathers" to atone for this attempted sin.

For those who want an Instant Pot deal this year:

For those who haven't jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet, the holiday shopping season is a great time to buy one because you'll find most models on sale. We're a few days out from Black Friday but the six-quart Instant Pot Duo Plus is already half off, bringing it down to a record low of $59. The higher-end Instant Pot Pro Crisp, which includes an air-fryer lid, is also down to an all-time low of $170.

https://www.engadget.com/the-instan...eady-half-off-for-black-friday-151743555.html

Once again, Hulu is offering their Hulu Ad Supported Subscription Plan for $0.99/Mo for 12 months.

Note: the offer is only valid for New & Returning Subscribers who have not been Hulu subscribers in the past month. Offer expires on 11/29 at midnight PT.

Hulu deal

Thanks for this. I was able to sign up for it without a problem.

Thanks for this. I was able to sign up for it without a problem.
Me too! Thanks RE. I also made a note on my calendar to quit on 10/23/22, so that I won't have been a subscriber for at least 30 days, come next year.

Last edited:
OK, I feel like the family with Cheeto dust, and dad (Hulu) shined the black light on me. I lit up like a Christmas tree.

So I'm trying to sign up and it is "hanging." I tried on the phone, it still hanged, but I swiped down and amazingly got a screen to enter my payment for $0.99 deal. I entered a different card than my current card.

Red Lights flash (OK, red font) and say "YOU are NOT eligible. Pay the full price of $6.99" (I may have slightly paraphrased.)

So, somewhere they are checking addresses on cards and coordinating, or something. Or maybe I just have too many cookies hanging around. I thought I cleared everything, but perhaps not.

Maybe next year.

Catholic guilt strikes again. I may need to say a few "Our Fathers" to atone for this attempted sin.

I'll confess:

DW and I have taken advantage of this deal three years in a row. We alternate our subscriptions each year and this time was her turn. She used her email address and her CC, but she used the same computer and browser as I used to sign up last year. As I said earlier, no issues signing up.

This just proves there are way too many streaming channels. In some cases one may as well stick to cable.

Sure, if you like 100 channels you never watch and like to watch commercials on the channels you DO watch.

I still have cable but only for live sporting events. I DVR them and start watching 45 minutes into the game. That way I can fast forward through all the commercials and still end up at the game's end within 5-10 minutes of when the game actually ends.

If the day comes where the local pro sports teams have their own channel, and it was $20 a month, I'd sign up in a heartbeat and cut the cable so quick there would be a sonic boom.

I'll confess:

DW and I have taken advantage of this deal three years in a row. We alternate our subscriptions each year and this time was her turn. She used her email address and her CC, but she used the same computer and browser as I used to sign up last year. As I said earlier, no issues signing up.

I really think I'm being punished somehow. :(

I've burned 3 email addresses, along with the current address I have. I'm out.

I have some interest in Nat Geo which is available through Disney+. But I don't see any deals for that.

We're currently using HBO Max which had a half price for 6 months deal a while back. Saw Dune and the final Matrix is supposed to come out in Dec.

Once that is done I may try a few months on Disney+ for the extensive Nat Geo programming.

Just saw this deal for Quicken Premier on the Slickdeals site. Not sure if it's a "good" or "great" deal, but I know lots of people here use Quicken.

$37.99 is a great price for Quicken Premier. It’s over $70 at Amazon. How can they sell it for so much less?

Just saw this deal for Quicken Premier on the Slickdeals site. Not sure if it's a "good" or "great" deal, but I know lots of people here use Quicken.

Oof. That’s significantly less than I paid for my annual subscription in June. Now I have to figure out if it’s enough of a discount to pay twice for the next 6 months and hope there’s another good deal next year.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

2021 H&R Block Deluxe + State on Amazon $22.49 today.

Try using your Amex card with points. I used 1 point and got 15% off.

Only paid $19.12 [emoji16]

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this is really a Black Friday deal or just a recurring teaser rate but I’ve upgraded Parallels Desktop for Mac for $39.99.

I use it daily to run a Windows 10 VM on my iMac.

https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

[ADDED] I bit the bullet and signed up for a subscription (I know, I know…). That adds in Parallels Access which gives you remote access to the Mac, works well on my iPad (i{Phone,Touch} are too small to be of use). I’ve tried to get by on the cheap with alternatives like Chrome Remote Desktop but they weren’t as good/robust.

Last edited:
HR Block Deluxe Less State

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

2021 H&R Block Deluxe + State on Amazon $22.49 today.

Try using your Amex card with points. I used 1 point and got 15% off.

Only paid $19.12 [emoji16]

Only paid $17.34. Only issue is no Windows 11 version. I will have to use my older computer with Windows 10 one more year.

23andMe and Ancestry both have Black Friday discounts on their various genetic testing offerings. However, Amazon has the same Black Friday prices that each company is offering but with free shipping, even for non-Prime members. I think that both 23andMe & Ancestry charge for shipping.

Maybe next year.

Some folks say you need a new email address and CC number. I did it and it worked for me.

Remember : JoeBlow@gmail.com looks different from Joe.Blow@gmail.com but both come to the same account in gmail.com Just add a period to your email and send one out to see if you get it.

I just picked up some Anker wireless ear buds for $29.99, less the 5% Amazon Prime CC discount they are about $28.50 + tax. Consumer Reports liked them as a set of basic ear buds. No fancy this and that. They only last about 4 hours between charges, but the case can recharge them 3-4 times. So... I'll take the risk. Blow That Dough!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099DP3617/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ&th=1

Oh, I ordered the non-expedited shipping so I get another $1 towards the purchase of music on from Amazon. Am I pushing the meaning of Blow that Dough?

Last edited:
I just got a Fire TV Stick 4K from Amazon for $24.99, regularly $49.99. I have a ROKU TV, going to give the wife the Fire Stick for her TV. Kind of curious to see how ROKU compares to Fire Stick.

I just got a Fire TV Stick 4K from Amazon for $24.99, regularly $49.99. I have a ROKU TV, going to give the wife the Fire Stick for her TV. Kind of curious to see how ROKU compares to Fire Stick.

I have (and use) both, and IMHO the Amazon interface is better. The UI is more intuitively organized and easier to navigate. But they're both good.

When I enter my e-mail address, it says I already have an account. When I click to send my password it says email not valid. (in red)
I'm not that desperate for it, to much hassle
Got it. Used my gmail address, and paid through Paypal using my balance with one of the cards I used before as backup.

Once again, Hulu is offering their Hulu Ad Supported Subscription Plan for $0.99/Mo for 12 months.

Note: the offer is only valid for New & Returning Subscribers who have not been Hulu subscribers in the past month. Offer expires on 11/29 at midnight PT.

Hulu deal

Thanks for the heads-up. I signed up and, as a result, spent Thanksgiving watching a documentary on the glut of serial killers in Los Angeles in the 70's and 80's. Not sure if that was the most fitting way to spend Thanksgiving, though it did give me some weird and vivid dreams :LOL:

Google Chomecast is 20% off

https://store.google.com/config/chromecast_google_tv?hl=en-US

Back
Top Bottom