Black Friday Deals 2021

I did the Hulu deal last year and was pleasantly surprised that they notified me in October that my promotional rate was expiring today.
I should have read your post yesterday.
Hulu got me for $6.99 last night so I've now officially cancelled, but have it till Dec 28th.
I probably did get a reminder and deleted it.

I should have read your post yesterday.
Hulu got me for $6.99 last night so I've now officially cancelled, but have it till Dec 28th.
I probably did get a reminder and deleted it.

I had problems getting the new subscription because somehow they knew it was me despite different email addresses and credit card.

Yesterday, I tried one last time and had my DW sign up. Her name, different gender, and different credit card did the trick. So I'll cancel mine although it went through for one month at $2.99 (the alternate deal you get when you cancel). We'll have one month of overlap, and then 11 months at 99 cents.

So I guess DW and I will alternate years as long as they do this. My sense is this may be the last year for the Hulu deal since the owners of Hulu are starting to talk about divorce proceedings. (Comcast and Disney)

I had problems getting the new subscription because somehow they knew it was me despite different email addresses and credit card.

Yesterday, I tried one last time and had my DW sign up. Her name, different gender, and different credit card did the trick. So I'll cancel mine although it went through for one month at $2.99 (the alternate deal you get when you cancel). We'll have one month of overlap, and then 11 months at 99 cents.

So I guess DW and I will alternate years as long as they do this. My sense is this may be the last year for the Hulu deal since the owners of Hulu are starting to talk about divorce proceedings. (Comcast and Disney)
I went through the same issues for the 99c deal but I was able to finally get it as well so it's still cheaper in the long run.

I bought a pair of Vortex binoculars from Cabela's for $129 (it is cheaper than Amazon, even if you don't believe the $100 off).
There had been an earlier thread on binoculars, and a number of folks recommended the Vortex brand for [-]cheap [/-] frugal folks like me.

I also signed up with a junk email address and Cabela's sent me a $10 off code in just a few minutes.

Free express shipping as well :dance:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/vortex-diamondback-roof-prism-binoculars

OK, I feel like the family with Cheeto dust, and dad (Hulu) shined the black light on me. I lit up like a Christmas tree.

So I'm trying to sign up and it is "hanging." I tried on the phone, it still hanged, but I swiped down and amazingly got a screen to enter my payment for $0.99 deal. I entered a different card than my current card.

Red Lights flash (OK, red font) and say "YOU are NOT eligible. Pay the full price of $6.99" (I may have slightly paraphrased.)

So, somewhere they are checking addresses on cards and coordinating, or something. Or maybe I just have too many cookies hanging around. I thought I cleared everything, but perhaps not.

Maybe next year.

Catholic guilt strikes again. I may need to say a few "Our Fathers" to atone for this attempted sin.

Heh, heh, when the local store chain offers a major sale on my brand of soft drink, I'll stock up. Sometimes there is a limit (maybe 4 or 8, etc.) I've more than once taken my purchase out to the car and come back for another cart full. A couple of times, the store computer must have recognized that I was buying with the same CC and repriced the purchase to full price. Simply complaining to the cashier does the trick. No cyber-cop to foil my dastardly deed. Thankfully, I'm not Catholic! YMMV

I picked up a variety of bike lights for DW and my road and mountain bikes (all for about 40-60% off). Total output of the various lights is around 10,000 lumen. Talk about being lit up like a Christmas tree...

Back
Top Bottom