Black Friday Deals 2021

Amazon Prime video has put up their 99 cent / month for up to 2 months offer for many of their channels. Good for winter bingeing.

This just proves there are way too many streaming channels. In some cases one may as well stick to cable.

Not in my opinion. I only have 3 streaming channels I subscribe to all the time. And I occasionally pick up a 4th for a month or at most a few months.

Can we keep this thread to Black Friday details? There is a cord cutting thread that fits these last few posts.

Cannot find any deals for what I want, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ :(

Same here, except I'm not finding any deals on the iPhone 13 Pro, free and clear, with no carrier service obligations. I thought Apple usually offered a 5% discount on most of their gadgets on Black Friday. Maybe that's gone away this year? :confused:

Once again, Hulu is offering their Hulu Ad Supported Subscription Plan for $0.99/Mo for 12 months.

Note: the offer is only valid for New & Returning Subscribers who have not been Hulu subscribers in the past month. Offer expires on 11/29 at midnight PT.

Hulu deal

Ethics question. Am I a "bad person" if I sign up for this with a different email and credit card than my current 1.99 (actually, now 2.99) subscription?

Ethics question. Am I a "bad person" if I sign up for this with a different email and credit card than my current 1.99 (actually, now 2.99) subscription?

No.

They would rather have your money than not have you sign up.

If they really wanted to prevent anyone from doing this, they would have you fax in your drivers license or passport.

This is the type of thing done when buying ammo over the internet, as there they really want to know who is doing the purchasing.

Same here, except I'm not finding any deals on the iPhone 13 Pro, free and clear, with no carrier service obligations. I thought Apple usually offered a 5% discount on most of their gadgets on Black Friday. Maybe that's gone away this year? :confused:

Apple never offers discounts on Black Friday and never a deal on their flagship iPhones.

What they offer are Apple gift cards for some of their products. The amount depends on the product. Here’s a link for what they’re offering this year: https://www.apple.com/shop/gifts/shopping-event

Looks like Hulu's servers have hit overload.

Trying to sign up for the .99 and it hangs. I backed out and it just created an account with no ability to get to the deal.

Trying a different email and it is hung up again. I'll walk away and see what happens.

I would recommend not trying to create an account at this moment (near noon, EST Tuesday).

I signed up two hours ago without a hitch. Maybe clear cookies and see if that helps?

Two hours ago was two hours ago. :)

Yes, I cleared all cookies on my second attempt. Still hanging.

What I did notice was that the ABC main page (abc.com) just added an "early access to the deal" link on their home page about 30 minutes ago. Uh oh.

Lucky for you the deal is good until midnight PT Monday. :)

I have two more email address to burn through.

I'll try much later today with a different browser, or maybe use my phone.

Lucky for you the deal is good until midnight PT Monday. :)

I clicked directly through the link you posted yesterday as soon as I read the post. No problem so Thanks:flowers:

Sundance Now - 50% off for the annual subscription. Promo Code FRIDAY50

Looks like Hulu's servers have hit overload.

Trying to sign up for the .99 and it hangs. I backed out and it just created an account with no ability to get to the deal.

Trying a different email and it is hung up again. I'll walk away and see what happens.

I would recommend not trying to create an account at this moment (near noon, EST Tuesday).
I hit that yesterday too. I switched to another browser and it worked. I seem to be having a lot of hangs on Firefox lately, where I have Ghostery and AdBlocker+ running. My alternative is Chrome with none of those installed. It may be the cookies and other saved data on Firefox (which I use a lot more) are causing the problems rather than the extensions. I'm looking for a way to figure it out because it's getting pretty bad with some sites. E-R.org is one of those sites that occasionally hangs on me.

It would probably only work if you registered a different device on the new account.

I took advantage of this offer but HULU recognized the previous device (Roku box) that I had used in the past for an earlier trial offer.

_B

I hit that yesterday too. I switched to another browser and it worked. I seem to be having a lot of hangs on Firefox lately, where I have Ghostery and AdBlocker+ running. My alternative is Chrome with none of those installed. It may be the cookies and other saved data on Firefox (which I use a lot more) are causing the problems rather than the extensions. I'm looking for a way to figure it out because it's getting pretty bad with some sites. E-R.org is one of those sites that occasionally hangs on me.
Thanks!

I use Firefox for most things, with a lot of privacy lockdowns.

I use Edge for Wild-West-Open stuff, or at least I thought so. It is set as "Balanced". I was using Edge to do this and it hung.

I'm going to try it on my phone soon (Android) where I am using the defaults. Let's see what happens. I'll report back.

Thank you for the Hulu promo info. :)

Best of all with these deals, you don't have to face the crowds - though it sounds like some of us are bumping up against cyber-crowds. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom