Black Friday Deals 2021

I'm getting a new Fitbit Charge 5 as it is $50 off starting tomorrow. My old Fitbit Versa is wounded and some functions are in need of help. The Fitbit deal is on Costco online only.

You made me look. Regular price says $38.99/year, sale price $4/month. Almost 25% higher ??!? Price apparently goes to $38.99 next year after they have your $48.00.

Maybe they are trying to increase their base of math-challenged subscribers.

The $38.99 is per Month not per Year. Huge savings.

The $38.99 is per Month not per Year. Huge savings.

I'd be gobsmacked if many people actually paid that much. Bet it's heavily discounted

I'd be gobsmacked if many people actually paid that much. Bet it's heavily discounted
Oh, for anyone even peripherally in the investment business the daily WSJ is almost certain to be a must-read. For the political establishment, NYT and WAPO I think. it's our taxes and our investment fees that buy the papers, much less so real people.

My paper+digital The Economist subscription costs IIRC about $125/year and I'm happy to pay it.

Edit: Oops. Looked it up. Annual paper+digital is $225, though I don't remember paying that much last time I did a 3 year renewal. Black Friday digital only is half-price @ $94.50 first year.

Last edited:
Oh, for anyone even peripherally in the investment business the daily WSJ is almost certain to be a must-read. For the political establishment, NYT and WAPO I think. it's our taxes and our investment fees that buy the papers, much less so real people.

My paper+digital The Economist subscription costs IIRC about $125/year and I'm happy to pay it.

Edit: Oops. Looked it up. Annual paper+digital is $225, though I don't remember paying that much last time I did a 3 year renewal. Black Friday digital only is half-price @ $94.50 first year.

I figured it's more like XM radio where they offer a sweet price and then get you on the auto renewal..

I'm interested in any good Black Friday deals. Not for stuff I don't need, but for things like subscriptions, etc that I would like to 'try out' for a year or 6 months before I commit to them at full annual prices. So thanks in advance for everyone's collective knowledge.

Thanks RetiredAndLovingIt:
Not sure this Hulu student only deal is true. The student $1.99 rate has been in place since July. Huly's Black Friday deals aren't posted yet.

Last edited:
I'm finding for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row the best deals are popping up from Veterans Day until the Monday before Thanksgiving. Not seeing much of anything popping up for actual Black Friday.

Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel

The Roku Channel — Eligible subscribers can enjoy select Premium Subscriptions for just $0.99 for the first two months. These offers are redeemable through The Roku Channel beginning Nov. 20 until Nov. 30.

A&E Crime Central
Acorn TV
ALLBLK
AMC+
BritBox (available Nov. 23-29)
CuriosityStream
EPIX
Fox Nation
History Vault
KOCOWA
Lifetime Movie Club
NOGGIN
Pantaya
ScreenPix
SHOWTIME
Shudder
STARZ (available Nov. 23-30)
Sundance Now
The Great Courses
This Old House
Topic
True Royalty
UP Faith & Family

Got an XBox from Walmart today. The point was to get it for the DD and grand kids. Actually they want a PS5 but I grabbed the XBox in the hopes that I can trade for a PS5. If not, I can sell it at cost and make someone happy.

ETA:

What a difference a few hours makes. I got a Twitter alert and jumped on the Sony Direct site and got a PS5. Exciting shopping day for sure. Now I just need both machines to make it to my house (fingers crossed) and then figure out a cool thing to do with the XBox.

Last edited:
Once again, Hulu is offering their Hulu Ad Supported Subscription Plan for $0.99/Mo for 12 months.

Note: the offer is only valid for New & Returning Subscribers who have not been Hulu subscribers in the past month. Offer expires on 11/29 at midnight PT.

Hulu deal

Last edited:

The Roku Channel — Eligible subscribers can enjoy select Premium Subscriptions for just $0.99 for the first two months. These offers are redeemable through The Roku Channel beginning Nov. 20 until Nov. 30.

A&E Crime Central
Acorn TV
ALLBLK
AMC+
CuriosityStream
EPIX
Fox Nation
History Vault
KOCOWA
Lifetime Movie Club
NOGGIN
Pantaya
ScreenPix
SHOWTIME
Shudder
Sundance Now
The Great Courses
This Old House
Topic
True Royalty
UP Faith & Family

Oooh, thanks for this! I've been waiting and hoping for a $1/month deal on Shudder. Usually it's via AMZN Prime, but the Roku Channel works for me, as well.

A&E Crime Central
Acorn TV
ALLBLK
AMC+
CuriosityStream
EPIX
Fox Nation
History Vault
KOCOWA
Lifetime Movie Club
NOGGIN
Pantaya
ScreenPix
SHOWTIME
Shudder
Sundance Now
The Great Courses
This Old House
Topic
True Royalty
UP Faith & Family

This just proves there are way too many streaming channels. In some cases one may as well stick to cable.

This just proves there are way too many streaming channels. In some cases one may as well stick to cable.

Yes and no, IMHO. Even though there are seemingly hundreds of streaming services, sticking to a core of about three (Netflix, AMZN Prime, and HBO) works really well for us. We have so much to choose from that we could never watch it all, even if we watched TV 24 hours a day for the rest of our lives. Beyond those three, if there's something specific that we're interested in (say, the new season of Dexter), we simply add the relevant channel for a few months, then drop it. Really not so bad. And honestly, I think I like this model better than paying $100+ per month for 150+ cable channels I virtually never watch.

Back
Top Bottom