Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anybody have a good home made buffalo wing sauce recipe?

There are many on the internet... But has anybody on the forum tried making the sauce? Did it turn out OK?

Piece of freakin cake.

Franks Red Hot Sauce. Pour it on.

If you need it a little milder, mix with melted butter until you get the level of spiciness you can handle, and add a half to full teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of garlic powder.

About 50/50 butter/franks is good for most crowds.

Crystal Hot Sauce 16oz x2

Garlic 10 cloves

1 cube of butter

Jalapeños 4
Serrano peppers 2
Dried chipotle peppers about 5 medium sized
1 habanero
fresh cilantro

Dried seasons

Cumin teaspoon or so
Black pepper teaspoon
Salt to taste

Wear gloves chop peppers and garlic up into small pieces throw into pot. Throw in butter,hotsauce and seasons. Let it cook down in a low simmer for about 3 to 4 hours. If you are feeling fancy you can roast the peppers too. Sometimes I do depends on if Im in a hurry or not.

Its my version of a wing sauce and its damn tasty.

If you want a sweet version use pablano peppers and 1 serrano pepper with a cube of butter and a couple chipolte peppers. Get a small jar of honey and mix in to taste.

Just make sure you wear gloves. Do not rub your eyes do not go pee pee without being very careful after you are done dealing with the peppers. Wash your hands extremely well.

KISS

Lousiana Hot Sauce & butter is my favorite. Son loves it with Frank's Hot Sauce.

I dry roast the wings in a 400 degree oven till getting crispy and toss with the melted butter and sauce. Serve with a platter of cold veggies and good blue cheese dressing. If having a party I keep the oven going and put the wings in the electric skillet for serving.

I like to deep fry them or grill them. Generally just 3-4 minutes in hot oil (not frozen) or about 20 minutes on the grill.

You must have one hell of a deep fryer. Because 3 to 4 minutes they would still be raw in ours ;)

oven time

Sounds good ! About how long in the oven does it take ?

Depends on temp! I use a very large baking sheet and elevate them on a cooling rack so the heat gets them crispy all the way around. Usually 35 to 45 (at 400+ degrees) minutes depending on a few for snacks for 2 or 3 or several pounds for a party.

Next home gets a convection oven to do wings faster!

vietnamese hot wings...

vietnamese hot wings...

use this stuff (sriracha chili sauce)

Sriracha

with a little butter (like the other hot sauce recipes)

it also works really well as a marinade for meat that is going to be
grilled. it has a great (mellower) taste when subjected to the grill.

in so. cal. you can find it in the grocery stores. in the hot sauce or
asian sections..

personally i skip the worchester sauce as mentioned below..

Buffalo Chicken Wings
  • 2 1/2 lbs. chicken wings (12 to 15 wings)
  • 1/4 cup (more if desired) Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Chili Sauce
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce (optional)

1. Split wings at each joint and discard tips. Pat dry.
  2. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour; turning halfway through cooking time. OR Deep fry at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until completely cooked and crispy.
  3. Combine butter, Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Chili Sauce, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
  4. Dip wings in hot sauce mixture to coat completely.
*Serving suggestion: Plate with celery and blue cheese dressing.

p.s. if you can't find this stuff locally. it's worth buying a case of it
from the manufacturer (if you use hot sauce regularly) it's
great on almost anything.

Last edited:
+1 on the franks advice....franks straight up is great, or add butter to tame it

or, try franks buffalo sauce

no matter what i try,i keep coming back to FRANKS

Franks is the good stuff. I think it was summed up best by the americas test kitchen folks who tested a bunch of hot sauces and said that most of them make fine ingredients, but Franks was the only one that was suitable as a condiment.

Back
Top Bottom