Burial at Sea

silentfaith

Dryer sheet wannabe
I do creamated remains burial at sea here in Key West and have a new idea for your advice. I am thinking of placing the remains into a empty conch shell and sealing it up as a permenant urn. It would be an affordable " green" sea burial. Your honest thoughts please. Cpt.Craig

some company already does something similar. i think they build pillars on the seafloor, incorporating ashes into the concrete. something like that. as to conch shells, what happens when tourists go diving and take your relative back to jersey with them?

I do creamated remains burial at sea here in Key West and have a new idea for your advice. I am thinking of placing the remains into a empty conch shell and sealing it up as a permenant urn. It would be an affordable " green" sea burial. Your honest thoughts please. Cpt.Craig

Sounds like a good plan to me - is there enough volume in a conch shell? seems to me my Mom, not a large woman, would have overfilled the conch shells i'm familiar with.

Gimmick.

Open the container of cremains and sprinkle the ashes. Who wants to share eternity with the remains of a stinky crustacean?

Let me know when the Viking Ship Burial Funeral is available. No rush - I'm not planning on dying anytime soon (knocks on wood). Besides, the wife is going to need some more convincing before she signs off on the whole "take your favorite serving girl with you" part of the program.

Besides, the wife is going to need some more convincing before she signs off on the whole "take your favorite serving girl with you" part of the program.
I like this idea!

Is she unconvinced about winning the selection competition-- or concerned about coming in as a runner-up?

Sky rockets

DW and I are of the opinion that a service we came across was a fine idea. Half of your cremated remains are mixed with fireball powder, and loaded into a series of sky-rockets. Then a private charter boat takes you off-shore, and the crew lights up the skies over the water. Off you go in a 'blaze of glory!'

All your friends (yes, both of them) are there, and everyone gets drunk.

The other half of the cremated dust goes into the ground, under the headstone, enclosed with some fertilizer, in a bio-degradable milk carton.

Yes, sir ...

I want a "green" Tibetan sky burial where my (two?) friends cut me up into little pieces and leave them out on a mountaintop for the vultures. I want none of that gunpowder, conches or watery grave. Bad idea, OP.

One of my friends took her husbands ashes to Ireland and spread him among several pubs .

Just have yourself driven out past the three-mile or 12-mile limits, OK?

Nearly every surfer who dies in Hawaii has themself scattered at sea in [-]the offshore breeze blowing in the faces of the other surfers[/-] their favorite break. That's especially the case in Waikiki for celebrities like Duke Kahanamoku.

When it came time to replenish Waikiki's lovely sands, the dredging barge was already anchoring offshore by the time someone pointed out that they'd be dredging up Duke's ashes and scattering them all over Waikiki. Big bureaucratic flail-- would that be a HAZMAT issue or a desecration problem?

Luckily cooler heads prevailed.

No worries-- I'm asking to be composted...

I'm thinking this is spam. If not it is a strange first post of an ER forum.

How does creamation differ from cremation? :p

Please don't bury me
Down in that cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size...

John Prine

How does creamation differ from cremation? :p

At last, we're back on topic, lots of 1/2 and 1/2, please. I inherited this recording by the Ink Spots on a 45, never listened to it until U-tube today. Has "If I didn't care" on the flip (side 1). It's a little slow to get the first cup going but oh, the nostalgia; 1940 must have been the happiest year of my parents lives.

YouTube - "The Java Jive" (Ink Spots, 1940)

Yea, thats what I thought might happen with this thread as does with so many forums,,,,,bitter, mean people just waiting to reply with something they think is witty in order to get a chuckle out of other folks just like them so, see ya. Cpt.Craig

Sorry Cap that you didn't get what you want. But this is one of the least bitter groups of people I know. Wise-asses yes, bitter no. We also seem conservative as a group (and I don't mean politically) and are not likely to buy into something that seems trendy. We would rather our heirs go for a cheap funeral and burial and use the money for more sensible things.

Yea, thats what I thought might happen with this thread as does with so many forums,,,,,bitter, mean people just waiting to reply with something they think is witty in order to get a chuckle out of other folks just like them so, see ya. Cpt.Craig

I'm always amazed when people post to an anonymous internet board asking for 'advice' and go off in a huff if they don't like what they hear. Maybe the good Capt has spent too much time with his ear to one of his conch shells...;)

I'm always amazed when people post to an anonymous internet board asking for 'advice' and go off in a huff if they don't like what they hear. Maybe the good Capt has spent too much time with his ear to one of his conch shells...;)

File it under "narcissism'.

Ha

I'm always amazed when people post to an anonymous internet board asking for 'advice' and go off in a huff if they don't like what they hear.
Especially when your very first post sounds like it could be soliciting business according to a "reasonable person" standard...

Well. since you asked for honest feedback, I would never want to deal with anyone in the funeral business who had off the charts anger management issues indicated by calling everyone in a community names, in just their second post.

Better hire someone as customer interface. Soon.

I am actually quite happy despite the fact that I'm broke and jobs are scarce so, I come up with an idea mentioned at the top hoping for some good feedback on this potential business. Sorry, I don't understand
first poster rules and I am looking for a way to gain $ from this forum.

Sorry, I don't understand first poster rules and I am looking for a way to gain $ from this forum.
Sorry to hear about your financial difficulties. But one of the primary rules of almost any message board community is that using the board to solicit business or otherwise make money is a violation of the terms of service and is not allowed. And that's not just here, but on virtually all message board communities.

Back
Top Bottom