Card Games for 2 people

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DH and I are enjoying playing cards for an hour or so each day (we also play Scrabble). We usually play Poker, Gin Rummy or Spades. Any other suggested fun card games for 2 people? Thanks!

Thanks, never heard of Spit or Kings around the corner, will look them up. Do you have to have a Cribbage Board to play Cribbage?

DH remembered a card game from years ago--Mille Bornes--so we just ordered that game on eBay.

Not cards but Yahtzee, Checkers and Backgammon are great for two. Also cribbage and Hearts (card games). We also used to play two handed Euchre or 500 where two of the hands are down/blind and you just turn the top card. Another game called Golf (google rules) which we have played with two. When all else fails there is go fish/old maid. We also wanted to do puzzles but they are really hard to find now. Be happy together

In addition to various board games, DW got a game "Phase 10". Though it has specialized cards, they can map to 2 decks of playing cards so one could use 2 decks with its rules.

We also play Sequence.

Our favorite non-card game (though it could also be played with cards) is Rummikub.

Thanks, never heard of Spit or Kings around the corner, will look them up. Do you have to have a Cribbage Board to play Cribbage?

It might be a little tedious but the board is just used to keep score, so you could use tickmarks in groups of 5.

Cribbage, of course. I liked playing Crazy 8's as a kid. Also King's Corner. You need a special set of cards but Uno can be fun.

I second the recommendation for Rmmikub. Not a card game, but great for two. We also like Mexican Train.

My mom and I used to play Honeymoon Bridge.

My wife and i are big game players (not all are card games); Keepers, cribbage, backgammon, dominoes, Sequence. These are great for two people.

Black or Red? (with optional drinking option) LOL

Probably more of an amusement than an actual game.

We play hand and foot pretty much every day. It’s similar to canasta. We did modify it to 15cards in each pile instead of the usual 11, otherwise there were so many rounds of just drawing and no playing

We play hand and foot pretty much every day. It’s similar to canasta. We did modify it to 15cards in each pile instead of the usual 11, otherwise there were so many rounds of just drawing and no playing

you can play hand and foot online at hand8foot.com

DH and I are enjoying playing cards for an hour or so each day (we also play Scrabble). We usually play Poker, Gin Rummy or Spades. Any other suggested fun card games for 2 people? Thanks!

Try Pineapple Open Face Chinese Poker, it's easy to learn and loads of fun.

Also backgammon and dominoes (all-fives is our favorite variant)

Back
Top Bottom