church pics hawley pa

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DSC_2007.jpg
MCJ_4821_2_3.jpg
some of the churches in hawley pa were nice enough to allow my wife and i to come in and take some pictures... all pictures are in high dynamic range.

MCJ_4827_8_9.jpg

well that didnt display right!....

anyway there are many nice old churches in hawley pa and they were nice enough to let us in to take pictures.... these are shot in high dynamic range and are 3 exposures merged into 1 to capture the wide variation in brightness from dark woods to bright windows... a camera cant normally capture a wide range and will either turn the bright stuff white or the darker stuff black

Nice pics. I am planning to do some HDR myself in the near future. What software did you use for these? Any recommendations, of course for the frugal-nature in me?

Very nice - these are some of the first HDR pics I've seen that don't look artificial. I have not tried it yet, but of the ones I've seen, I think they over-do it. Kinda like the old stereo demo LPs of ping pong matches ;) Ping! (hard Left) ... Pong! (hard right).

It makes a lot of sense to use this technique (as you say), to increase the effective dynamic range that the camera can capture, which should be able to make pictures more realistic, not less so (unless that is what one is after).

-ERD50

nice pics. I am planning to do some hdr myself in the near future. What software did you use for these? Any recommendations, of course for the frugal-nature in me?

photomatix

Back
Top Bottom