classic car insurance

stargazer08

Recycles dryer sheets
Just wondering if anybody out here has auto insurance on classic cars. If you do I was hoping you would share the company name. Thanks

I use Hagerty. They do require that you have a 'normal' car for everyday use, and that your classic is kept in a locked garage.

Unfortunately I had to claim when one of my cars was damaged beyond economic repair. They settled at the agreed value quickly and without any hassle.

Highly recommended.

Peter

Thanks! These two cars are very pampered, kept under lock and key and driven only when the sun shines.

I have used JC Taylor classic insurance for over 20 years for my 59 Studebaker Hawk. I have never filed a claim but have no complaints with them.

I also use Hagerty on my classic. I've never had a claim, but have heard good things from friends that have. It's a great way to save some money on old cars driven mainly for pleasure, shows, events, etc. If you live in a state that allows you to register as an antique you can cut costs more. My plates (registration) cost $50 for 5 years.

I'm in Canada, so maybe it doesn't apply but ING has something called a "silver wheels" program. I pay about $130 per year full appraised replacement coverage. It's a bit more if you have heavily modified the drivetrain. You need to provide a certified appraisal every 3 yrs (If I remember right). You can only use the car for shows, cruising, or transport to and from the car wash or places that perform work on the car. So if you get in an accident with the back seat full of groceries you'll have some explaining to do. The car must be over 25 yrs old, and no drivers under 25 yrs old are allowed to drive it.

I also use Hagerty for my 73 SS chevelle. No problems but also no claims.
Ins. companies are always better at receiving than giving.:D

Hagerty ......

Hagerty for me too, I have had as many three cars insured there down to 2 now, never had any claims but I am satisfied with the rates and the customer service has always been top notch.

I have American Hobbyist. I also got quotes from Haggerty and Grundy. They were all very reasonable....can't remember why I chose AH.

whoops....just noticed American Hobbyist is the AGENCY. The insurance company is American Reliable Insurance (aka Assurant Specialty Property)

Last edited:
Have sunny day policy thru State Farm on 2 of my classics. Allows 2500 miles per year. $95 for each.

Hagerty for me too. if you have a "project" or not clearly classsic collectable be sure to submit best possible photos when they ask. I have one low mileage mid 80's vette and it needed special acceptance. Also an older project car wasnt deemed collectible by them.

Back
Top Bottom