Consolidated 2020 (2d half) RIP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad, and at such a young age! Apparently his death was due to a brain aneurysm. :(

What a bummer. He was my favorite Mythbuster. RIP Grant.

A seriously talented man. Acid kinda cut short his contributions, but remarkable talent.

I was unaware that most of the original band members came out of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers.

I was a Fleetwood Mac and a John Mayall fan from early on. I loved the Peter Greene eras in both those bands. I went to see him about 15-20 years ago at a local club in VA. He was a wreck. Basically he and his name were being used by some young musicians. They sat him in a chair and played around him. It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

I remember being at work one day and I had Fleetwood Mac playing in my cube. It was The Green Manalishi. Some young whippersnapper tried to convince me that whoever I was listening to was covering a Judas Priest song. Once I proved him wrong I blew him away by telling him Green also wrote Black Magic Woman. I told him to start looking at the names of the songwriters when he listened to music. It's a great way to further your musical education.

Anyway, RIP, Peter. You had a hard life, but created a lot of beauty.

"Oh Well" is a great song.

LSD's effects on Peter Green and Syd Barret basically blew the early Mac to pieces. Mick must have never imbibed too much, although the crazy eyes may say a little different. Gotta say it didn't kill his business acumen.

Add Brian Wilson to the list of near fatalities due to massive LSD. He's also never quite been the same.

All three of those guys had serious issues with schizophrenia. I suspect that had a lot more to do with their lives and situations than LSD. And recently LSD has been used to treat certain mental illnesses. Not that I would recommend dropping acid in non-clinical situations if you are suffering from mental illness. But the idea that it causes the syndromes is not accurate. Or I'd be a lot crazier than I am.

And, as an aside, Syd Barrett was in Pink Floyd, not the Mac.

All three of those guys had serious issues with schizophrenia. I suspect that had a lot more to do with their lives and situations than LSD. And recently LSD has been used to treat certain mental illnesses. Not that I would recommend dropping acid in non-clinical situations if you are suffering from mental illness. But the idea that it causes the syndromes is not accurate. Or I'd be a lot crazier than I am.

And, as an aside, Syd Barrett was in Pink Floyd, not the Mac.

I may have dropped too much acid! Mixed them up! :LOL:

These guys dropped A LOT of acid. Massive, massive doses. There are effects when this happens. And if you or family are prone to mental illness, then unsupervised massive dosing is not a good idea.

I lean libertarian so I'm all for doing what you want when it comes to LSD. But you really gotta be careful with the stuff.

He was also guest starred on many tv shows in the 70's.

Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Kung Fu, among others.

RIP John Saxon .. You're now with Bruce Lee

He was also guest starred on many tv shows in the 70's.

Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Kung Fu, among others.

Yeah, also with Clint Eastwood in a western movie. The guy was in a lot of movied

Last edited:
That sucks. My mum and I used to watch Regis and Kathie Lee a lot of mornings when I was a teenager. One of the few "entertainment" type shows I could stomach.

He was always entertaining in a "shouty" NYC kind of way...

RIP.

He and Joy used to go out to dinner with Trump regularly. Cathy-Lee said that Trump was good to his word and a friend for life. RIP a good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom