Could you be a CEO? Personality/Career Test--good one!

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm posting the entire article including the test that was given to 877 CEO's. It is based on the old Luscher Color Test, which has been around for ages; but, this one is really a good one I thought. :greetings10: The test is in the tiny blue print not even halfway down, so just click on it. Takes just a few minutes, too, which is a plus.
My results were I am The Creator. Where I am at now (mentally/emotionally) and not working, I've flipped back to right-brain dominant I guess. The funny thing is the first occupation they suggest for me is Advertising Executive, which I was. And my favorite show on tv, which I watch all the time now, is HGTV for the interior design shows, which is also one of my top suggested professions. So, yeah, I'd say this test is pretty darn accurate. :D
Hope y'all have so much fun with this as I did:

Favorite colors test shows CEOs are different; take the test - USATODAY.com

That test is surprisingly accurate. I also came out creator and one of the suggested occupations is the one I retired from 3 years ago.

Interesting. I took the Luscher test about 40 years ago and was amazed how good it was. Then blue was my favorite color. I didn't like the blue on this test - could be the color temp of my monitor, a potential flaw in the test. In any event, the test seemed to get me pretty well. Says I should be an HR director, which I was for many years.

No kidding accurate. I just took the test a second time with totally different chosen colors, and got the same response: Creator. This test is amazing!:greetings10:

Think it picks creator regardless? It is pretty vague description encompassing a lot of traits most people like to think they possess.

My 2nd one was organizer. Opposite of creator & more in line with my career. I find this one pretty suspect.

The article cited emotionally unstable as a common CEO trait. Could explain a lot of the endemic bad management and decisions out there. Lol.

It listed a lot of potential careers for me, but one of them was the one I'm in.

Wait a minute. I'm out. Today's my last day!

The 2nd occupational category it chose for me (persuader) was way off.

OK... seems like a horrible one based on my picks...

I got:

You're a CREATOR

Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas. CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.
CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.
Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

Sorry to say... I could care less about asthetics... my wife, who is an artist, hates that I wear old shorts and shirts that don't match... that I do not care to have things 'look good'... I am an accountant... and have the accountant mentality... I am not into music, art, public relations etc. etc.

So for me... the test was a big bust... well, except that I do like to work independently...

Think it picks creator regardless? It is pretty vague description encompassing a lot of traits most people like to think they possess.

Who would choose to be impulsive? Probably some on here would like to be nonconforming...but I don't particularly think it's all that...but then it said I was, so....:whistle:

Can't place a lot of value on the test. Says I'm creative. True in some respects. Who does not think of themselves as not creative at least a bit.

None of the occupations listed interested me one iota, ever. In fact the environmet they generally working in is [-]repulsive[/-] uninteresting to me.

I have created, designed, built tons electro mechanical things, even wrote user manuals for the stuff I made, all the while gritting my teeth.

ADD: Mind you I did take the test with my recently improved crystal clear post cataract surgery high tech super color accurate lens implants.
dewey_04.png

Best Occupational Category

You're a CREATOR

Keywords
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas. CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

Last edited:
I'm a researcher -- which seems pretty accurate. Since the keywords are all positive -- "Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious" -- I think the test must be accurate :cool:
Coach

This test just freaked me out...talk about accurate...:cool:
I bolded all that I think apply to my personality (um...NOT reserved :nonono:) and some of the real positions I've held in my career.

You're a RESEARCHER

Keywords
Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

Iinvestigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.
RESEARCHER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are College Professor, Physician, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Chemist, Marketing Research, Inventor, Sales Forecasting, Project Engineer, Dentist, Identifying Consumer Demand, Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Technician, Optometrist, Research & Development Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Real Estate Appraiser, Chiropractor, Veterinarian, Geologist, Physicist, Science Teacher, Medical Technologist, and Author of Technical Books.
RESEARCHER WORKPLACES
Task-oriented careers where you can become absorbed in the job, be original and creative, and not conform to rigid company rules will work best for you. Unstructured organizations, for example, that allow you to sail your own ship are vital.
Suggested Researcher workplaces are universities and colleges, home office positions, medical facilities, computer-related industries, scientific foundations and think tanks, research firms, and design laboratories.

organizer/investment management - hu ha bullcrapareno!

Pssst - Wellesley. Full auto.

Hmmm - I wonder if I've changed my 1995 - INTJ, lefthanded.

heh heh heh - nope still lefthanded. :greetings10:

An organizer, I think not, ok I am good a math but not particularly organized nor detail oriented. A Doer perhaps but I am really more of thinker than a doer...

Apparently I am an Organizer first and a Persuader second. Lots of what I read resonates with me. I wouldn't want to overinterpret this type of test since I could happily have chosen any of several colours at several points during the test. I did notice that I tended to select bold, decisive colours before than dark ones.

For me it was totally wrong in both career options.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a SOCIAL MANAGER

I was an engineer, and of course, like all engineers I know that I could have done all those jobs above if I'd wanted to. :whistle:

It looks like we do not have a diverse group here on the forum. I think most are "creators" after reading the above posts. I came out a creator also. Interesting test though.

Humph! It says the email is optional, but when I got to the end of the test and didn't give my email address, I got sent back to the beginning of the test without ever getting my results. :mad: I tried three or four times, in both Safari and Firefox. Optional? Hah!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom