Debbie Reynolds passes one day after Carrie.

youbet

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just noticed this on the AOL email home page........

Debbie Reynolds, the Oscar-nominated singer-actress who was the mother of late actress Carrie Fisher, has died at Cedars-Sinai hospital. She was 84.

"She wanted to be with Carrie," her son Todd Fisher told Variety.

She was taken to the hospital Wednesday after a suspected stroke, the day after her daughter Carrie Fisher died.

Wow.... many have gone this year....

I do not know if this year is worse than others, but it seems like it to me...

Sorry to hear she has passed...

I just saw that too.... too bad... I vaguely recall her from my youth but she seemed like a classy lady.

Sadly, she died from a broken heart.

The only movie I saw of Debbie Reynolds is "Singing in the Rain". I like the story about how a classy Fred Astaire helped her out.

Thank you! I watched the whole thing and might watch it again. What an energetic and happy performance that was.

It's one of my favourite numbers (and I'm not a fan of musicals!). I think of it as the furniture dance.

C0s8qdtXcAEx9sB.jpg:large

Is she in this jpg?

She was such a huge star of her generation. I think I've seen The Unsinkable Molly Brown a dozen times and can still quote some of the dialog (it was my mother's favorite movie). I am sure the four or five days after her daughter's heart attack until her death were physically and debilitatingly stressful for someone who was 84 (imagining her not sleeping, not eating as she waited the inevitable sad outcome).

Back
Top Bottom