Deeded Togetherness. Or Who Really Owns This Place?

Skip the legal dance ... allow the living arrangements you describe but keep the place in YOUR name.

UPDATE
The concept is still chugging along but the plan is slowing morphing
Well it looks like we will be closing on house #1 in a couple weeks (I keep saying that) and moving the kids into our big house. No ownership changes for now. The kids will pay all expenses except taxes and HOI which we will split. Accounts like cable, electric, telephone, trash removal, etc. are being put in their names. DW and I will pay our estimated share of the utilities when we are in residence.

I've remodeled the basement, added a kitchenette. Already had a half bath, bedroom and office area. Now a quiet, comfy place to sleep, snack, read, watch TV, escape, whatever. The main floor is designated as common area. We will share kitchen, LR, DR, and den and the upstairs (3 BR) is for the kids.

Once we get them moved in, we are outta here! Heading for the beach, be back around Thanksgiving... thats the plan, so far. Everyone is excited.

Once we get them moved in, we are outta here! Heading for the beach, be back around Thanksgiving... thats the plan, so far. Everyone is excited.
Excellent. Glad this is working out.

Have they shared their home-improvement ambitions with you, or are they just going to save them as a Thanksgiving surprise?

Excellent. Glad this is working out.

Have they shared their home-improvement ambitions with you, or are they just going to save them as a Thanksgiving surprise?

That is funny. The menu might read, Turkey Surprise or just, "Surprise, turkey!" They are sensible and have good taste. I'm not too worried. They're the ones wondering about the lamps and those pink recliners.

Final Chapter? (you hope).

Fiiiiinalllly closed on the old house last week. The kids have moved in with us. Overall they're happy and I'm happy, especially now that their dog is wearing a no-bark collar and they are paying the household expenses. DW is smiling but methinks she is reserving judgment. Things are on plan. We leave for the beach (with the house being well cared for) next week!

Congratulations, BUM, I'm glad that sale went through before the buyer thought of any more issues!

Back
Top Bottom