Did anything significant happen in year 27 of your life?

I got a divorce at 27. It was the start of 10 years as a single guy. Remarried at 37 and moved to a more dynamic city.

Same things as Rosie. Finished my Ph. D., moved cross country and met the guy I would later marry (we've been married a long time by now).

Oh yeah, first I had to get a divorce from the guy I moved cross country with (well he's the one who wanted out but all the better for me!).

First kid born 9 months later...so I guess 27 was a significant time in my life.

Hmm had already been married 8 years with one child at that time. Got pregnant with 2nd child at 27. Now married 39 years to the same wonderful man I met and married after knowing only 2 weeks at 19 years of age. Life is good.

Yes. My wife and I decided to leave our jobs, sell our home, and travel through Europe for months in a VW van.

We had no children. I wanted a career change and we both wanted to move to the west coast.

Best set of decisions we ever made! Had to do the math to figure out what we were doing at that time.

I got engaged at 27 to a great guy. We look forward to retiring and reviving our life as a couple now that the kids are growing up.

I was 27(13 days shy of 28) when I voluntarily quit my job to move out to Southern Cali to start a new life. Unable to find work or housing I was back in Wisconsin within a month or so. I moved into my parents basement then made some bad decisions that cost me a lot of money. If I had never left that job I may have been able to fire around age 40 on a basic budget. Probably would have had to do some little jobs here and there but I would be a whole lot better off than I am now. All started at age 27.

Checked my resume, and found that in my 27th year, I quit my first job. I had been there for 4.5 years. Pretty significant, and it was a good choice.
Interestingly enough, that company is located two floors below the company I work for now. Each day as I walk from the elevator, I look down and see three large blue letters in company logo that I ran from many years ago.

Had last child and only daughter in my 27th year. Now enjoying her first child’s (and my first grandchild’s) first month of life. All good!

I was born on the 27th. First married when I was 27.

Same here. :) Still married though.

I also got my PhD, started my first high paying job, bought my first home, and bought my first brand new car when I was 27.

On the downside, I developed a health issue that year which changed my life in profound ways - still dealing with it to this day.

Yes, it was a big year.

Last edited:
Well, it was my last year of swinging bachelorhood :eek:

_B

Huge change for me. Got out of the USMC, moved to the Bay Area and went back to college. Hugely different career path after that. Silicon valley still had orange groves!

Promoted to LT (USN)
Transferred to Rota, Spain
2nd daughter was born
(In order of occurrence, not importance)

I met my second (current) husband when I was 27. We were married two years later. I vaguely remember thinking he had a great build and I loved his voice, but that he was way too old for me. Bwah hah hah

The 27th second of the 27th minute of the 27th day of my 27th year was the moment I accepted numerology as my lord and savior.

giphy.gif

I was 27 when my oldest was born. We had well paying Mega Corp jobs. Had just build a house with 50% down payment. Was in grad school at night. Life was good!

Back
Top Bottom