Well I said I'd report on my experience so here goes. I did NOT expect such a long presentation (American Tax Advisors). I did not get my meal until 2.5 hours after arriving.
1. If you're self-conscious about such things don't go in shorts and no socks (I'm not.). (I did have on a collared polo shirt instead of a tee shirt; my form of dressing up.)
2. Though a bunch of stuff was touched over the bottom line was: Fixed Indexed Annuities. (Part 1 was how much safer fixed annuities were than the stock market; Part 2 was "but hey why not capture the stock market during the "good" times!".
3. The word "bonds" was never used. You were either 100% in the stock market (you were stupid), you were 100% in CDs (you were not very smart), or you were in annuities (you were smart).
4. I actually had a very good prime rib lunch. (If it's still lunch at 1:45 PM when you arrive at 11:15!
5. I expected there to just be a sign up sheet for the free 1-on-1 consultation; I didn't expect them to come around to each of us with a calendar attempting to sign us up.
6. There was some "slight of hand" thing about getting LTC money by handing over a bunch of cash (not making insurance payments). You either got payments toward LTC if needed or the cash back with interest if not. I did not understand what this was but don't plan of making any direct queries (did ask for material via a form we filled out).
Most of what was presented was technically true, but there was so much that wasn't covered that would be needed to tell the complete story. So anyway now I can say "been there, done that"; but never again!