Downsizing living space

Live in a deteriorating ~900 sf house.
Want to move to 1 bedroom apt

My DW/me lived in a 700sq foot single-wide trailer on a small private country lot when we were first married (love conquers everything - even being poor :smitten: ).

No thanks; been there - done that.

Today, we have 2400sq feet on a bit more than an acre of ground for just the two of us, our fourth home in a bit over 40 years. We enjoy it and being retired, I have no problem getting on the lawn tractor and taking a ride every week.

We'll downsize someday (if needed), but not yet. It took us too many years to get to this level and have no problem paying somebody to do the household work when we get tired of it.

Different strokes...

We haven't acquired a retirement location yet but I've got my fantasies. My ideal would be a 5 acre parcel for noise isolation, and a smallish house, maybe 1000 sq feet in the middle of it. It would have a good sized shop building of at least that size for my many hobbies.
Ages ago, I knew a guy who had the extreme version of this. Cute little 800sq foot cottage which his wife kept spotless. And out back, his 2500 sq ft heated man-palace with hydraulic car lift, wood shop, bath with shower, kitchenette, and small guest room. He may not be married anymore. As it was, his wife rarely saw him. :)

Back
Top Bottom