Should we use Flex or Ridged?

• Flex

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Ridged

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
OK... another question....

Should the pipes be glued?

Right now they are dry fitting, and they seem to be held together pretty well... since this is just water run off I do not know if we should have them glued or not...

They should be using SDR green pipe with o-rings at the joint. These are dry-fit pipes that allow for flexing with temperature changes. No glue required

They should be using SDR green pipe with o-rings at the joint. These are dry-fit pipes that allow for flexing with temperature changes. No glue required

Well, that did not happen.... and almost all the pipe is in....

Did not glue.... but I can say that the connections are pretty tight as I have seen them try to get them separated a few times to add something... and it is a struggle to do...

Also, filled in before I was able to take a pic... so no pics here...

Well, that did not happen.... and almost all the pipe is in....

Did not glue.... but I can say that the connections are pretty tight as I have seen them try to get them separated a few times to add something... and it is a struggle to do...

Also, filled in before I was able to take a pic... so no pics here...

I guess its all moot now. For main drain lines you want to keep it water tight as possible so with SDR pipes they put o-rings to seal (see picture). If any water seeps out, the roots from plants and trees can start invading the pipe at the joint seams. But that takes a long time to happen so it will be the next owners problem.

Attachments

• SDR35-Green-Gasketed.jpg
    SDR35-Green-Gasketed.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom