Ebay craziness...

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I finally got around to listing misc. stuff piling up from a friend or two and my own extras. It amazes me that there is a flurry of activity on a white elephant gift...a "Rub My Ducky - Bondage edition" vibrating rubber duck! (hopefully it is completely understandable why I listed it!) The auction does not end until Sun. PM, but there are already 7 bids, and it the bids are already higher than the listed retail price! Amazing!

I relate this to yard sales...the stuff you expect to go is still sitting in your yard at the end :confused: (I took my bath mats out of the bathroom - was moving - and they sold before I put them on the grass...and yes I let the buyer know I just took them out!)

Any other crazy e-bay tales?

I finally got around to listing misc. stuff piling up from a friend or two and my own extras. It amazes me that there is a flurry of activity on a white elephant gift...a "Rub My Ducky - Bondage edition" vibrating rubber duck! (hopefully it is completely understandable why I listed it!)

It quacks at inopportune times? :confused:

Ha

bodage-duck.jpg
What the Duck?

And a just ducky review. Pirate Whore - Tortuga, Caribbean
When I first got it I thought it woudl be too powerful and hurt. Then when I got in the bathtub and tried it out and OH MY GOD! The water helps the vibrations and enhances the WEEE!! feeling.Rubber Duckie does make bath time lots of fun!

Debatably something one might prefer to purchase new rather than used.

tmi

I second that!

Good to see a fun thread. I had to break my eBay addiction a few years ago. I collected a few things and then started gambling on them. If something was bid too low, I would bring the price up, rarely won that way but I had to work at quitting the habit. Seems harmless enough to discuss it here.

I didn't have a digital camera so only sold without photos. Was surprised to get a good price on an Advantage cat flea product.

ewwww!

LMAO! This little duck with the gag ball in its beak has never felt fresh air out of his packaging! Have no fear, he/she is still sealed!

Okay this is my super cheap trick of the year . I join literary guild when they are offering five books for .99 with free shipping . I get the books read them and sell them on Amazon . I then buy the three books that the literary guild requires and I cancel my membership . Of course they beg me to come back . This time they ofered me Eight books for .99 . I also sold my Mother of the Bride dress on ebay . It went for five dollars less than I paid . It keeps me amused !

Here I thought this thread was going to be about an image of Virgin Mary on a piece of toast or something. I never would have guessed this.

Here I thought this thread was going to be about an image of Virgin Mary on a piece of toast or something. I never would have guessed this.

Why do you have one ? I'll be glad to sell it for you for a measley 30% .

My oldest daughter made the most incredible sale on eBay I've ever seen. She bought an old commemorative plate at an estate sale for 25 cents. She put it on eBay with about $1.99 minimum bid. It turns out the plate was fairly rare and when the bid ended, the selling price was $114! Not a bad flip!

I got busted! E-bay kaboshed my listing...I have to relist it in the "mature" audience section. Hey, ya learn something new everyday...

The other listings end today....keep fingers crossed for bidding frenzies!

Several years ago, somehow I ended up with 2 copies of a book about the history of the Martin Guitar Company, in Nazareth PA. One book I got for free (music store owners gave it to me), the other one I paid about $12 for, from Amazon, I believe. About a year ago I sold one book on ebay for $100. Turns out the author died and the book became somewhat scarce, and more desireable. I've lately seen the same book going for even more $$ on ebay, but I don't really want to sell my only other copy. I sure wish I had a bunch of 'em!

Back
Top Bottom