Egrets, I have a few

Mr._johngalt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Since I have posted today on back problems, food poisoning,
litigation, and other bad stuff, I thought I would end on a lighter note.

I have not fished in over a week due to various health issues.
However, last time out I got within about 30 yards
of a mature bald eagle. Then at the end of the day, on my way to the dock I saw about 15 white egrets perched all together in trees on a high bluff over the river. What a photo that would have made! Never caught a
fish that day, but what a great time on the water (Cut-Throat knows the feeling).

Elvis has left the building :)

JG

What a photo that would have made!

John, you really ought to get a digital camera! - If you're still using film, it will save you $ - No film and developing costs!

Should pay for itself the first year.

Cut-Throat said:
John, you really ought to get a digital camera! - If you're still using film, it will save you $ - No film and developing costs!

Should pay for itself the first year.

Hello C-T. We have a digital camera (cheap version). Two problems:
First I never have it with me. It is sitting here on the coffee table.
Secondly, although I have taken some photos with it I know little about
downloading and printing the pics. Too impatient to take the time to learn.
It's an old Type A thing. I want what I want and I want it right now.
If only DW would sit down and show me what to do................
Alas, if left to my own devices I will probably never take the time.

JG

You can treat it like a film camera if you don't want to learn all about it. Just get a decent camera with enough memory for a few hundred shots (so you're not worry about when it's full) and then when you're ready to print them bring your memory card into your local drugstore or whatever and they'll print them for you and archive the digital versions on a CD if you like.

I also highly recommend NiMH AA rechargeable batteries (and getting a camera that takes AAs rather than has a built in battery). These are new in the last few years. The old rechargeable batteries really sucked. These last about twice as long as an alkaline battery and can be recharged 1000s of times in just a few hours (depending on the charger you buy)

Back
Top Bottom