Ever Coach Youth Sports?

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
When I coached youth sports for my kids' teams (Baseball, Basketball & Soccer), I had some troublesome parents, but this takes the cake. If I was ruler of the world I would forbid parents from attending practice AND games....

The 46-year-old St. Paul man is charged with terroristic threats after threatening to shoot the coach at his son's baseball game Friday. By Howie Padilla, Star Tribune
The father of a St. Paul Little League player threatened to shoot the boy's coach like a dog two days after the parent was asked to leave his son's game, according to terroristic threats charge filed today.Wade P. Campbell, 46, first became angry during his son's game Friday, according to the complaint filed in Ramsey County District Court.
Campbell made his way to the team's dugout and started yelling and swearing, the complaint said. When he was asked to leave, he continued his outburst in the stands until a league official asked him to leave, it said.
The next day, Campbell was at a friend's home next door to the coach's home when, the coach told police, Campbell stared at him, but never said anything.
Campbell showed up at the coach's home Sunday morning, but stayed in his car and only stayed a short time, the complaint said.
About 20 minutes later, Campbell called the coach saying that he had messed with the "wrong east sider" and that Campbell was going to shoot him down like a dog, according to the complaint.
Campbell is scheduled to make his first appearance in Ramsey County District Court this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom