excel question

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
OK, I know there are a lot of computer gurus on here, so I thought I'd ask for some help with an excel problem I'm having.

I have made a sheet up ("sheet 1") the way I want it. I used the Page Break Preview to get it set up the way I want (ie. column width and moving the blue lines to get everything to fit on one page). I saved it.

However, when I copy and paste Sheet 1 into a blank Sheet 2, my column settings get screwed up, and it presents it as 2 pages. I have to manually readjust everything. Is there something I can do to just get it to paste perfectly?

Two options (at least in my old version of excel - 2004 for the Mac):

1) Click the upper left corner of the sheet ( a diamond shaped thing like this: <> ). This should select the entire sheet. Copy, PAste to new sheet.

2) Right (or control) click on the sheet tab on the bottom. Choose 'Move or copy". This will bring up a dialog, check 'create a copy', and also select 'new book' from the menu. This should copy the sheet entirely.

I will skip the rant on all the poor user interface design choices that Microsoft made for this simple task....

-ERD50

OK, I know there are a lot of computer gurus on here, so I thought I'd ask for some help with an excel problem I'm having.

I have made a sheet up ("sheet 1") the way I want it. I used the Page Break Preview to get it set up the way I want (ie. column width and moving the blue lines to get everything to fit on one page). I saved it.

However, when I copy and paste Sheet 1 into a blank Sheet 2, my column settings get screwed up, and it presents it as 2 pages. I have to manually readjust everything. Is there something I can do to just get it to paste perfectly?

You might also try "paste special" instead of "paste", if the "copy sheet" doesn't work as expected.

Two options (at least in my old version of excel - 2004 for the Mac):

1) Click the upper left corner of the sheet ( a diamond shaped thing like this: <> ). This should select the entire sheet. Copy, PAste to new sheet.

2) Right (or control) click on the sheet tab on the bottom. Choose 'Move or copy". This will bring up a dialog, check 'create a copy', and also select 'new book' from the menu. This should copy the sheet entirely.

I will skip the rant on all the poor user interface design choices that Microsoft made for this simple task....

-ERD50

#1 didn't work since the <> apparently isn't in my 2002 version. But #2 worked! (I selected "create a copy" and "move to end" to keep it in the same book.) THANK YOU!!

I would concur that they did not make this a simple task!

Back
Top Bottom