Experian warning

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We got signed up with Experian due to info leaked. I get emails on a regular basis on credit score and inquiry's on our credit.
About a week ago get an email that my credit report was available, so I click log in. well I cant get in with my password, and says my account is locked and call this # ...Couple days later I get an email that my account is locked and call this number... I call and get a computer voice stating ive call such and such security and asks for my SS#... I hang up....
I go to the Experian site, and log in with my regular info... no problem...
yes Ive changed my password..
Y'all be careful....

Don’t click links in emails. Always go directly to the site. Phishing 101.

Don’t click links in emails. Always go directly to the site. Phishing 101.
Always. Even when I make a purchase of an item online and received an email from the store with a tracking link for the shipment, I still go to our account with them. In most cases, the link goes through a service that does its own "tracking". No thanks.

I mostly don't, and always hover over the sender and check the address. Even the page matched Experian. It was also reported to them.

E-mails from your accounts look exactly like they are supposed to. Logo, highlights, even the tiny (4 font) lettering at the bottom. Scammers are experts in making these look legitimate. Some of them have weird senders like sgcott@gmail.com, but not all. We keep getting e-mails from UPS. We have a package that has an incorrect address. Let us know your correct address so we can deliver this package. Perfectly lined up, and looks exactly like it's coming from UPS. Without even thinking about it "delete"

I mostly don't, and always hover over the sender and check the address. Even the page matched Experian. It was also reported to them.

The fact that you got someone else when you called is proof they were phishing.

Back
Top Bottom