Favorite cartoon while growing up

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What was your favorite cartoon(s) that you watched while growing up?
I always liked the Flintstones.

Looney Tunes. In fact, my wife has bought me all of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs and I still enjoy them.

Last edited:
As a kid I would say the Looney Tunes also. Although I was never a real big cartoon watcher.

As older I liked The Far Side or Dilbert.

Bugs Bunny and The Jetsons.

I've always wanted to fly in a ship like the one they use and who wouldn't want a robot maid!!

On TV: Voltes V (not quite favorite but certainly the most memorable from my early childhood). :tongue:

Favorite American animated series: Batman The Animated Series.

Favorite animated feature: Little Mermaid (Disney).

Jetsons!
I'd toss in Road Runner & Wiley Coyote as well.

Looney Tunes, George of the Jungle, and Rocky and Bulwinkle

Y'all had TV's when you were young? Luxury, I say. :D

Looney Tunes, Fractured Fairy Tales, Peabody and the Wayback Machine, Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, Jetsons, Flintstones.

Bugs Bunny and The Jetsons.

I've always wanted to fly in a ship like the one they use and who wouldn't want a robot maid!!

Well some do, sort of... When DD and family got their new Roomba, they decided to name it (her) Rosie. :)

"Ping, ping, ping. Ricochet Rabbit"

For years people have denied his existence! I swear at least 20 people have told me no such rabbit. I was thinking it was a regional thing.

What were those two birds (crows) that would wise crack at each other? I liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

All the Warner Brother's stable of 'toons.

For some reason, Popeye, in every iteration from 1933 to 1962

And the Japanese import "8th Man"

(With all the engineers and tech people here I'm a little surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet)

What were those two birds (crows) that would wise crack at each other? I liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Oh yes! The cartoons from "NTA" or whatever the closing credits used to say. There was also a cat and a goose team. The Goose was an Ed Wynn knock-off and the cat was a sort of Jimmy Durante knock-off.

Now I'm gonna be up all g/d night trying to come up with the names

I should clarify that when I said Rocky & Bullwinkle, I meant their whole family of features:
Rocky & Bullwinkle (often versus Boris, Natasha and Fearless Leader)
Fractured Fairy Tales (narrated by Hans Conried)
Peabody's Improbable History (with Sherman and the Wayback Machine)
Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties
Mr. Know-It-All
Aesop & Son

The cool thing about this show is that they were so full of inside jokes aimed at grownups that people of any age could enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom