Your Favorite 2023 Purchase?

Scubamax

Recycles dryer sheets
It is now year end, and time to reflect on what your favorite purchase was over the past 12 months.

I had a hard time coming up with much (Although we did spend a lot this year). I guess if I had to narrow it down it was tickets to the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin this past spring. It was a really cool experience and we had a lot of fun, and we highly recommend it.

(Close second was some used (bargain). Ham Radio gear I scored which I have put to good use on a daily basis).

What was your favorite purchase of 2023?

Scubamax

Not sure it was my favorite purchase but the kitchen renovation was something my wife wanted badly. So, even though a ton of work and expense went into the project I was happy for her. She is worth every penny, blood and sweat that went into that redo.

Much lower cost than the items above but I really like these microwave cooking bowls ( and the recipe site they have)
https://cookanyday.com/pages/shop

I like your train of thought.

My favorite purchase is a 6 qt mostly stainless steel slow cooker. A close second is a 3 qt pressure cooker.

... The little things along the year that we enjoy :popcorn:.

My favorite 2023 purchases? There are two.

1. My brand new ROOF that doesn't leak! :D

2. My brand new WATER HEATER that works beautifully also. :dance:

Neither was cheap, but no more worries about either for years to come, and that's priceless.

I'm really happy with my Fosi V3 amplifier powering my Magneplanar 1.7 speakers. I was able to find it for $90.00 at Walmart with the 48 volt 5 amp power supply and it sounds quite amazing.

I’m with W2R - home repair. I had some electrical work done that I’d been putting off for quite awhile. It wasn’t too expensive because my neighbor did it for me. He didn’t want to charge me but I got him to take some money. One of the jobs ran electricity out to my porch where I’ll use it to run Christmas lights. It was nice not to run an extension cord across a sidewalk. The outlet will also be used in the summer to run some lights and to plug in things like a crock pot or food warmer when we gather outside.

Reactions: W2R
I'd say my favorite purchase for 2023 would be this...
To clarify, the one that's a Chrysler product. Oh, wait, that doesn't narrow it down. Okay, the one that has a Hemi. Oh, wait, that doesn't either. Okay, so the one on the right :p

Oh, a distant #2, would be an artificial, pre-lit Christmas tree. It was about $300, but the real tree we got in 2022 was $100, so I figure this sucker will pay for itself in 3 years. Plus, I LOVE not having to deal with dropping needles, watering the tree, the cat getting into the water, and then the whole ordeal of getting the thing downstairs and out of the house once the season is over. Being pre-lit is nice, too, as I always hated taking the lights off of the trees, and packing them back into their boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_4419.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Mostly prepaid for family trip to Hawaii next year, balance due in May--looking forward to a fun trip.

Bought this year, probably new updated Tempurpedic cooling mattress, we are still within the 120 day return, but it is so comfy, it will pass the test. New Tempurpedic pillows, too.

Mr. Tightwad - you need to change your name...you certainly opened up the wallet on those.

I subscribe to the theory you can't take it with you, despite my frugal nature.

The Tesla only cost 29,840 after the $7500 Tax credit. I could have had it for 27,590 but I paid for some upgrades.

Travel - Caribbean cruise, 5 weeks in AZ and NM, 3 weeks in Alaska, 2 weeks in Ohio and Virginia.

I think my eBike might be (Lectric 3.0) - it was my most expensive purchase. I just got it but it's fun and makes me even less dependent on my car around town. The three reasons I got it was to be able to ride for transportation around town in the hot months without arriving sweaty, allow me to do grocery shopping via bike (more cargo and can get back home faster), and expand my range for recreational bike rides to visit nearby cities and parks that are a too far for my real bike.

2nd single most expensive purchase was an iPhone 15 but that will hopefully last me to 2030 and, while a nice upgrade from my iPhone 8, doesn't excite me much. I enjoyed my road trips but those were not single purchases....

I don't spend my money...my wife does. I only buy gas for my car, hair cuts and booze.

that said, she bought these new steel mixing bowls at costco that have rubber bottoms and lids that I love, so much in fact, she bought a second set. I used them for everything. I'm a foodie and love mixing bowls.

I did buy some trips this year to see some baseball stadiums, and 4 tickets for my son and his broskies to see a bowl game. ah, I bought my daughter a car.

these are all my favorite things.

My best "bang for the buck" purchase of 2023 was a Capresso Automatic Milk Frother for making fancy-ish coffee drinks at home.

I'd say my favorite purchase for 2023 would be this...
To clarify, the one that's a Chrysler product. Oh, wait, that doesn't narrow it down. Okay, the one that has a Hemi. Oh, wait, that doesn't either. Okay, so the one on the right :p

Is that red/white 2-door a late 50's Chrysler New Yorker? Or perhaps a DeSoto? I love the looks of those cars.

The upgrade to United Polaris for our trip to Paris to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. DW is still talking about how extra special it made her feel.

My best purchase in 2023:
77" LG OLED C2 TV.

Second best:
Tickets to the three games of the 2023 World Series in Phoenix.

BMW X5 50i M sport with twin turbocharged V-8. Luxurious ride and comfort with incredible power. Absolute anthesis of my older Toyotas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom