Your Favorite 2023 Purchase?

Easy Answer - Bought my first used car since college. 2022 Audi Etron (fully electric) with only 2000 miles on it. Flew to Denver and drove it home 2000 miles.

Car sold 2 years ago for $79,000 and I bought it for $41,500 certified from an Audi dealer.
Love being retired where a 5 day adventure to pick up a car is not a big deal.

Painting supplies (acrylic paint, canvases, brushes) for us both. Something can enjoy together or separately.

Our 8 day tour of South Dakota this past June ( app. $8000) and

My IPhone SE 3 ( for $149 straight talk Walmart) and my new LG Gram laptop from Best Buy ( $999) and my new larger lens glasses from Glasses USA.( 300.00)

We stumbled across a very low mileage 1991 Geo Tracker.
Why?
I’m into “classic” cars.
It will be the perfect tag-along for our motor coach.

Last edited:
Favorite purchase '23

Silver Seas World Cruise ……139-day cruise on a small ship (300 passenger) touring much of the Southern Hemisphere. Incredible Experience. At 4 months we were astonished that it was nearly over and found ourselves sad that we only had 30 more days to go. Satisfied numerous bucket lists with big bold check marks.

1st Place: A set of speakers that have the most amazing sound that I enjoy several hours a day: Perslisten S7t (2), S7c (1), and S4b (2)

2nd place: 2024 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium (this was tough to place second, as I love the car but have only driven it 110 miles or so, and don't drive it as often as I'd like). For me, this car is as close to perfection as I've seen. It's smooth, quiet, has phenomenal handling, looks great, gets lots of complements, and a great sound system!!

2023 was a Blow that Dough kind of year....only to be equaled by 2024!

Last edited:
Porsche Cayenne

266487151_6940996619251726_7893623602218372114_n.jpg

I bought this to drive to my country house in the Northern California wine region. That last 27 miles of twisty road is great fun.

Tesla Model Y

I got my first Tesla, a Model 3, in 2019. Still have it and love it. As good or better than my next favorite car a 1969 Alfa Spider that I had in college. We bought a Model X in 2020 but never did really like it. We sold it and bought a Model Y in 2023 when they dropped the price and the Tax credit came back. All in all we save like 30%. Ended up netting $16,000 to the bank account and got a much nicer, I would say for a small SUV as good as they come, car. We love it and travel all over with it. Very versatile and good on the gas!

1st Place: A set of speakers that have the most amazing sound that I enjoy several hours a day: Perslisten S7t (2), S7c (1), and S4b (2)

2nd place: 2024 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium (this was tough to place second, as I love the car but have only driven it 110 miles or so, and don't drive it as often as I'd like). For me, this car is as close to perfection as I've seen. It's smooth, quiet, has phenomenal handling, looks great, gets lots of complements, and a great sound system!!

2023 was a Blow that Dough kind of year....only to be equaled by 2024!
Wow those are some serious purchases, especially the speakers! DW would kill me if I spent that much on audio.:LOL:

One month in a remote Montana cabin in July. Drove our SXS from the cabin to explore the mountains. Thought we might die from the sheer beauty and quiet.

Magnificent and unforgettable

Attachments

• IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2943.jpg
    IMG_2943.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2982.jpg
    IMG_2982.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
A piano and weekly lessons.

50+ years ago I begged my parents for a used piano and lessons, but I was the oldest of 5 kids and there wasn’t enough money for that.

Now that I think of it, there was one "thing" that was a great purchase.

I first got a Nook tablet to download books in January, 2020- a great move since libraries closed soon after due to COVID. In 2023 I decided to get a bigger one and gave the old one to my granddaughters. I wanted it to be my primary screen on long trips- much more compact than a laptop but bigger screen than my phone. I love that thing- I really like the bigger screen and I rarely get hard-copy books out of the library anymore. I just "checked out" one last night at 9 PM!

Unfortunately the first one I bought got fried during a demo of a high-voltage generator at the Tesla Museum in Belgrade. (It was on the floor in my backpack and enough electricity was conducted through the floor that fluorescent light bulbs being held by people lit up.) I went out and bought another as soon as I got home. But hey, who else can tell a "fried laptop" story that interesting?

Easy Answer - Bought my first used car since college. 2022 Audi Etron (fully electric) with only 2000 miles on it. Flew to Denver and drove it home 2000 miles.

Car sold 2 years ago for $79,000 and I bought it for $41,500 certified from an Audi dealer.
Love being retired where a 5 day adventure to pick up a car is not a big deal.

Have you (or will you) post your adventure on another thread? I'd love to hear more about your 2000 mile trip. (Not here, as this is about the purchase.) Aloha

Now that I think of it, there was one "thing" that was a great purchase.

I first got a Nook tablet to download books in January, 2020- a great move since libraries closed soon after due to COVID. In 2023 I decided to get a bigger one and gave the old one to my granddaughters. I wanted it to be my primary screen on long trips- much more compact than a laptop but bigger screen than my phone. I love that thing- I really like the bigger screen and I rarely get hard-copy books out of the library anymore. I just "checked out" one last night at 9 PM!

Unfortunately the first one I bought got fried during a demo of a high-voltage generator at the Tesla Museum in Belgrade. (It was on the floor in my backpack and enough electricity was conducted through the floor that fluorescent light bulbs being held by people lit up.) I went out and bought another as soon as I got home. But hey, who else can tell a "fried laptop" story that interesting?

My hubby has an inplanted defibrillator so I put this museum on the do not visit list, just in case/

Two things come to mind:
1. Our new FL house
2. Two month trip to Australia

My hubby has an implanted defibrillator so I put this museum on the do not visit list, just in case!

They did ask if anyone had a pacemaker before they started the demo. No one did but I suspect they would have been asked to go to another room.

Back
Top Bottom