Favorite "mellow" album

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What is your favorite mellow album to listen to? Something to help you chill out.

Little-heard but well-loved: "Torch" by Carly Simon started a trend of singers recording albums of standards.

"The Very Best of Roberta Flack"

What a career she's had, without a lot of the fanfare of other artists.

I have never been mellow. I have never tried.

Cat Stevens Greatest Hits

CatStevensGreatestHits.JPG

or Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits.

Sggreatesthits.jpg

Lots of thoughts, but the first one that comes to mind is Blue by Joni Mitchell.

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 155
I still listen to Dark Side a few times a week.

"Abbey Road"

No favorite mellow album comes to mind, but I do have a favorite mellow artist, Santana, and a favorite mellow song, Samba Pa' Ti.

Elton John Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.

Mellow? Pretty much anything by Julio Iglesias.

Dark Side of the Moon is the first album I thought about when I saw the title of this post.

I find it the perfect album to fall asleep to or nap to.

Classic lounge jazz for me, like -
Art Pepper, Barney Kessel, Benny Carter, Cal Tjader, Henri Mancini, Paul Smith Quartet, Julie London etc...

There are so many to choose from, but I'll go with "Hasten Down the Wind" by Linda Ronstadt. Used to listen to that one over and over again, back in the day. Sad to hear that Linda Ronstadt can no longer sing due to Parkinson's Disease.

Rocky Mountain High - John Denver

I still get the lump in my throat heading up into the snow capped mountains.

A current favorite is by the Pittsburgh jazz ensemble White Tie Group "Plays Well With Others".

I also like anything by Jaio or Bebel Gilberto and also Sade. I have an old favorite... Natalie Cole singing songs of her father, Nat King Cole entitled "Unforgettable".

My vote is James Taylor's "October Road". Especially two songs: "Fourth of July" and "Mean Old Man".

Breakaway Art Garfunkel, Avalon Roxy Music, and for winter definitely December by the Moody Blues. Think I will go put that on right now...with a glass of cab!

Back
Top Bottom