Favorite Movie Theme Music

In another thread, Ha reminded me how great the movie Betty Blue is. The music is wonderful too.

Another depressing movie about dysfunctional people I adore. Sometimes I think there's something really wrong with me. I love Abbey Lincoln's song For All We Know.

I really love all of the songs from Tin Cup...Character Flaw, Big Stick, This Could Take All Night, A Little Bit is Better than Nada. Also, the tunes in the Full Monty...Hot Stuff, You Sexy Thing, You Can Leave Your Hat On.

Remember the scene where they played a Victrola for a monkey? Like the monkey, it was the first time I had heard Mozart's Clarinet Concerto. I had to watch the closing credits to find out what it was so that I could go buy it. It remains one of my "desert island" pieces.
This is the best version I could find on YouTube. There are a lot of bad performances of this out there.

If you are going to buy one, check of the Neville Marriner version with Karl Leister.
I think one of the Mozart piano concertos I have is basically the same.

Speaking of Mozart and the Neville Mariner orchestra, the soundtrack for Amadeus is just incredible.

Audrey

The theme from Gone with the Wind still gives me goosebumps. For how many folks was this one of the first movies you ever saw?

Watch it widescreen if you can. Great shots from the movie!

Audrey

Somebody told my college roommate the surprise ending before she had seen the movie—can you believe it??

Back
Top Bottom