Favorite Sandwich: Hot & Cold

Cold: A BLT made with Mortgage Lifter tomatoes and lettuce from our garden, lightly toasted homemade sourdough bread, homemade mayonnaise and oven-baked thick cut bacon.

Hot: A French dip made with thin sliced (with my deli meat slicer), home smoked, eye of round roast on homemade sourdough bread. With a dipping sauce made from our own home grown onions and beef broth.

Here's another one of my favs.
Hot: Fried clam roll, with a little tartar sauce.

Hot - here on the Chesapeake Bay, it’s soft crab sandwich, couple hotel sized crabs on bun, little slaw, Dijon Mayo. Rinse with a Natty Boh and repeat. Love my living on the bay....

:)

Ah, Life in The Land of Pleasant Living.

Hot - Langer's #19 - Pastrami, Swiss Cheese and Cole Slaw w/ Russian Style Dressing on fresh Rye bread

Cold - Lobster Roll

Just had another of my favorites: pistolette bread stuffed with a thick rich crawfish étouffée then deep fried. Awesome! Unfortunately they only had 1 left or I'd still be there stuffing my gut.

Cold - Really like a club sandwich with extra Mayo and pickles. Close to a BLT only better.

Hot - I don’t eat them anymore, but I love a hot beef or turkey sandwich. The ones with mashed potatoes and the entire sandwich smothered in gravy.

Man, you must be my brother....love a club with xtra Mayo and pickles (dill)

Hot? Love an Italian...salami, pepperoni, ham, Italian dressing on a thick roll

What are your favorite hot and cold sandwiches?

Cold: I like a club sandwich. NO mayo or lettuce, though.
Hot: I love hot turkey or hot roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes & gravy. The mashed potatoes have to NOT have any skins in them. I actually would prefer instant mashed potatoes over ones with skins in them. Those so-called "Smashed potatoes" are just a sign of a lazy (too lazy to peel the potatoes, that is) chef to me. But I really like the hot turkey or roast beef sandwiches. :D

Man, you must be my brother....love a club with xtra Mayo and pickles (dill)

Hot? Love an Italian...salami, pepperoni, ham, Italian dressing on a thick roll

I love your hot sandwich, except like it cold.

Hmmm, just had a hot Reuben Pierogi at new Polish restaurant in town. They had all kinds of pierogis like the Reuben and BBQ meat pierogis, even desert ones with strawberry filling. My mom was Polish so I have had quite a few in my youth and was a bit apprehensive, but they were good.

What I really miss are the sandwiches we always pick up in Japan at concession stands when we travel around by train there. They are always cut in quarter squares with the crust cut off and filled with egg salad or cucumbers and mayonnaise or ham and cheese or, my favorite, pork cutlet with shredded cabbage and Tonkatsu sauce. Well, maybe I just miss visiting Japan during these Covid times and somebody brought up sandwiches.

Charlie

Cold: chicken Caesar wrap

Hot: spicy sausage link wrapped in a flour tortilla (common in TX)

Tuna sandwich on toast. Grilled cheese with tomatoes- cheddar or Swiss.

Hot: It's a tie between a hot pastrami sandwich on rye and a Chicago style Italian beef with hot giardinara.

Cold: A cold roast beef (thinly sliced) sandwich on rye with mustard and provolone cheese.

Cold: I like a club sandwich. NO mayo or lettuce, though.
Hot: I love hot turkey or hot roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes & gravy. The mashed potatoes have to NOT have any skins in them. I actually would prefer instant mashed potatoes over ones with skins in them. Those so-called "Smashed potatoes" are just a sign of a lazy (too lazy to peel the potatoes, that is) chef to me. But I really like the hot turkey or roast beef sandwiches. :D

I mentioned hot turkey sandwiches earlier, but I also like cold turkey sandwiches, too. A middle ground between them is a lunch special offered by Ben's Deli, a local chain here in the NYC area and also in Florida: For lunch sometimes, I get a half sandwich (turkey) along with a bowl of their yummy chicken soup and a side of (s)mashed potatoes and gravy. While the gravy is intended for the (s)mashed potatoes, I will inevitably smear some of it onto the turkey sandwich. :cool: It's a tasty combo, for sure!

Before becoming a Vegan loved me a Reuben. Now my favorite is:
Toasted Sourdough, Peanut Butter, Pickles, Jalapeno Jelly, and Cholula Hot Sauce.

Firehouse makes a good veggie sub.
Ike's has a lot of vegan meats you can put on various sandwiches.
Grilled Vegan Pepper-Jack Cheese with fake Turkey. Rub some garlic on the bread.

When in NJ - Taylor ham and cheese , egg, on a bagel or roll. Salt pepper and ketchup. I just followed what the locals do and eat.

Cold - local dry salami, with butter and cornichons in a crunchy baguette
Hot - Paninis and croque monsieur.

Cold - local dry salami, with butter and cornichons in a crunchy baguette
Hot - Paninis and croque monsieur.

And the best croque monsieur is the one eaten at a sidewalk café in Paris, accompanied by cidre mousseaux.

so many good suggestions.... how can you pick?

cold: roasted turkey triple decker club,pan bagnat, chicken bahn mi
hot: prime rib dip, carne asada torta, panini with prosciutto, mozz, pesto, tomato; CT style lobster roll

Hot - here on the Chesapeake Bay, it’s soft crab sandwich, couple hotel sized crabs on bun, little slaw, Dijon Mayo. Rinse with a Natty Boh and repeat. Love my living on the bay....

Dang! Just reminded me that this is something that I keep missing, despite being to the area many times over the years.

Back
Top Bottom