Favorite TV theme songs

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Remember when TV shows actually had theme songs? What are some of your favorite TV songs (I'm talking about the song not the show). Some of mine are: Hogan's Heroes, Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, Love American Style, Laverne and Shirley.

To refresh your memory, here is an interesting link:
TV Theme Music and Songs - TelevisionTunes.com

Some of my favorite TV theme songs: Hawaii 5-0, Magnum PI, The Fall Guy, Charlies Angel, the A Team, Roswell...

Does anyone remember the theme song to "My Mother, the Car"? I still know every word! When I sing it, I feel like a kid!

The Internet is a wondrous thing! Thanks for the link.

I used to sing the theme from Gilligan's Island to my babies as lullabies (forever warping them I'm sure). Would use the Beverly Hillbillies song as a backup. And the Patty Duke show theme for my daughter and her cousin, who were born a week apart ("they're cousins, identical cousins, and you'll find, they laugh alike, they talk alike, sometimes they even walk alike, you can lose your mind!")

I remember all of the theme songs from childhood. And the commercials, too. Can't help it.
I guess my brain is just a sponge for that stuff. Too bad the useful stuff doesn't go in as easy.

Free

David 61, thanks for the link. I was surprised to find one of my favorites: Cheyenne. And it was fun re-listening and reliving Father Knows Best and Tp Cat.

Mission impossible has got to be up there as one of best
tv show theme tunes ever

Back
Top Bottom