Ten Favorite Movies of All Time

Great cast - Gary Cooper, Lloyd Bridges, (father of Jeff & Beau), Harry Morgan (MASH), Lee Van Cleef, (everyone's favorite bad guy), Sheb Wooley, (Purple People Eater), etc, etc.......I'll have to watch it again myself. :dance:

My favorite Cooper western was (titled appropriately) "The Westerner," where he charms his way out a hanging by Judge Roy Bean (Walter Brennan).

Cooper films are easy to like -- "Sergeant York," "Pride of the Yankees," and my favorite, "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town." I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw Adam Sandler's travesty of a remake.

My favorite Cooper western was (titled appropriately) "The Westerner," where he charms his way out a hanging by Judge Roy Bean (Walter Brennan).

Don't recall that one, (will keep an eye out for it), but I have been to/through Langtry, Tx, three or more times. :)

carlitos way
talented mr ripley
pulp fiction
it's a wonderful life
sideways
descendents (for the music)
goodfellows
cold mountain
august in osage county
ordinary people
at close range
sicario 1
godfather 1 and 2

I think that's about 14

Last edited:
Cool hand Luke
Where eagles dare
Caddy shack
Dazed and confused
Roger Moore Bond Series
Jason Bourne First two

where eagles dare was a great one -- watched it at age 14 coming off the flu

Casablanca
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Dead Poets Society
It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Idiocracy
The Breakfast Club
The Princess Bride
Planet of the Apes (the original version)
Ben Hur (the original version)
Spartacus
The Little Mermaid (the original Disney animated version)
National Lampoon’s Vacation (again, the original version)
Aliens (original)
Silence of the Lambs
Pretty Woman
Lost Horizon (1937)
Forbidden Planet
The Court Jester
King Kong (1933 version)
It’s a Wonderful Life
Rocky
The Sound of Music
Star Wars
A Clockwork Orange
American Graffiti
The Outlaw Josie Wales
Silent Running
Iron Man
Spirited Away
Lost in Translation
Jurassic Park

Okay, I was never good at math.....

On Netflix theres a newer movie release called "Middlemen" w/James Caan & crew.(A Docudrama)

Who's marketing, financing & arbitraging these data figures??
As mentioned, on Netflix, rated R no doubt!

Good luck & Best wishes....!

Last edited:
Suggestion: Watch CNN "Movies 1990's" There are so many I can't even begin to name them. This era, we were seeing 2 movies/week sometimes, at the theaters. We saw all of the movies in this 2 hour segment and they missed so many great movies by brief recognition. The 1990's by far the best 10 years of movie making.

About now, I would add some great holiday movies:LOL:

It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas
Miracle on 34th Street (original)

DW loves "White Christmas" for all its sappiness, or probably because of it. I like to tease her by singing along with Bing's "What can you do with a General?"

If you have kids or grandkids, or simply enjoy light, non-gruesome science fiction, I recommend The Flight of the Navigator.

If you have kids or grandkids, or simply enjoy light, non-gruesome science fiction, I recommend The Flight of the Navigator.
The movie's CG was ahead of its time. The story was simple and easy to follow.

Watched it tonight on Kanopy. We both enjoyed it.

Filmed two years before I was born and I recognized Forrest Tucker immediately!

Watched it tonight on Kanopy. We both enjoyed it.

Filmed two years before I was born and I recognized Forrest Tucker immediately!

That was Tucker's film debut, according to Wikipedia. And Brennan received his third Oscar for his performance as Roy Bean. Of course, Cooper was in his prime.

Among my favorites,

Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins,
and The Dark Knight

I liked the way the high energy batman themes were composed by Hans Zimmer, and Bruce Wayne’s more melancholy themes were composed by James Newton Howard, like a split personality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom