Firefox & Google search

BOBOT

Recycles dryer sheets
In the new release (4.x) of Firefox the google toolbar search function doesn't work like I think it should. You used to start typing your search term, and suggestions would present as you typed, then you could click on one of the suggestions and the search would commence. Now, the suggestions still show up, but when you click on one...nothing. Your (unfinished) typed query is left in the box, and you have to type out the whole term.
Damn these modern "problems":rolleyes:. It occurs to me that not so many years ago the paragraph above would seem like Sanskrit.

any ideas?

Hmmm, I have Firefox 4.0.1 and I start typing "victoria's......." and up comes my desired destination in the list, I click it and voila, it goes to the desired link.

In other words, I think mine works like it is supposed to and like it always did.

Hmmm, I have Firefox 4.0.1 and I start typing "victoria's......." and up comes my desired destination in the list, I click it and voila, it goes to the desired link.
In other words, I think mine works like it is supposed to and like it always did.
A fan of Victoria's Secret? Glad yours works like it always did. That's real comforting. :)

Ha

Hmm. if I type in the left hand URL box I get nothing but what I've input before. If in the righthand search box Victoria's secret pops up, but when clicked it takes me to a list of search options including Vi's secret, which then needs to be clicked if I want to look at women's scanties.

that's all the trouble shooting I can do right now. I have some other pressing research.

Funny but Google now has about half my browser page filled with lingerie ads and I'm having to do dozens of searches on mundane things like LL Bean, Fritos, tire repair services of San Diego, Navy recruitment center, and hope Google gets them on my browser page before the wife gets home.

Click on the g on the far left of the google search toolbar, select Manage Search Engines. Click the box on the bottom, "Show search suggestions".

Ok, I'm not crazy

from the google "known issues" support site:

Unable to select from the search box drop-down list

When you attempt a search from the search box on your Toolbar it may not allow you to select items from your drop-down list of web history or search suggestions.
As a workaround, try using your keyboard to navigate the drop-down list to select your web history or search suggestions.
Having this issue? Reported.

Odd that they haven't fixed this yet, but at least the workaround cludge works.

from the google "known issues" support site:

Unable to select from the search box drop-down list

When you attempt a search from the search box on your Toolbar it may not allow you to select items from your drop-down list of web history or search suggestions.
As a workaround, try using your keyboard to navigate the drop-down list to select your web history or search suggestions.
Having this issue? Reported.

Odd that they haven't fixed this yet, but at least the workaround cludge works.

I just tried searches from the google and URL boxes and am able to mouse click suggested items - running XP Pro - what's your operating system - maybe that's where the conflict lies?

Back
Top Bottom