Fixing an old car ...to what extent?

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The truth is we probably could go to one car without too much inconvenience. Given the big V we aren’t going out much at all. The cars go out 2 times a week for groceries and maybe take out Italian once a week. That’s three times a week for 2 cars.. rare dentist visits too. 20200625_182604.jpg

Still my son, ‘Cool Hand’ managed to put a nice dent in my “cream puff” (see below) . He was parking his car and bam.. anyway of course it was on a crease in the metal on the hatch so it couldn’t be popped out. After a quick repair by hand by the shop it still looks awful.

I was temped not to repair it but I decided my cars may not be new but they are well maintained. $1,700. I suspect that car will go to cool hand when he graduates. Maybe then the Mrs and I will buy a new car and share it..

Odd how a silly dent will bother me...

We bought two new cars the year before we retired, we could really get by with only one now.
They have been in pristine, new condition until this year. DH backed into DD car and scrapped the bumper on one car and DS dented the other. Both very small spots, but they bother me. However, the cost of repair work is ridiculous for such minor issues! So, I am learning to live with them. :-/

Unless you own a mint classic car, or a new Corvette (fiberglass body), small dings, creases and scratches can be looked at a being "character marks". :D

No real value in fixing them if you still drive the car. But can all be fixed just prior to sale if you want to sell the car with a pristine body.

If you were planning on giving the car to your son, and he put the crease in it. I would have LEFT it, so he could be reminded every day he walked past it, to be more careful.

I cannot see the crease, so no comment on the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom