For Beatles Fans: Virgin Rock YouTube Channel

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For all you fellow Beatles fans, and perhaps for others who might be interested in discovering what the Beatles did musically, the "Virgin Rock" YouTube reaction channel is premiering a new project today, entitled "The Beatles 150." The first video in this new series drops later today. It's on the Beatles's first track ("I Saw Her Standing There" from their first LP Please Please Me--which is marking its 60th Anniversary this month. (I'll link the introductory video below, where the host explains what this new Beatles series is all about.)

I know that these YouTube reaction channels are not for everyone, but I have been following this relatively new one "(Virgin Rock") since its first video on "She's Leaving Home" a few months ago, and I enjoy most of it. (Some of the music covered is not my cup of tea.)

It was created, and is hosted, by a classically-trained musician who is primarily a harpist and somewhat pianist. She married a guy (Vlad) who's more into rock music, so she decided she would try to see if she could also "get into rock music," so she started her channel to document her musical journey. I have found it very entertaining. (Her first video on "She's Leaving Home" was very tedious, because she paused after only a few bars of music had played to comment, and then paused repeatedly. It was hard to get into. But she has improved along the way. I really enjoyed her videos on Genesis's "Firth of Fifth," for example.)

Also, do any of have, or once had, any YouTube Patreon account? (Those are accounts where you can financially support a YouTube channel, often to get videos that YouTube won't allow the host to post.) If so, what was your experience, particularly regarding privacy and financial safety?

Her list of videos is here: https://www.youtube.com/@VirginRock/videos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom