For those with more than 1 entry at home, do you use the front door?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just realized that in every home I've lived in since my youth, we rarely used the front door. Only when company would come over and knock would the front door be opened.

I always come up the back deck of my home to enter.

What about you?

Pull in the driveway, open the garage door, enter the house through the garage. A few years back my garage door opener broke and I realized I was locked out of my house (since I never carry house keys) and had to call a locksmith to unlock my front door! :)

Mike

I have a front door (double doors), a side door that opens into the kitchen towards the back of the house, and a back door that opens onto my covered patio.

I use the front door most of the time. I use the side door to unload groceries. I use the back door only to go into the back yard.

The mailbox is by the front door, so I can pick up my mail as I go inside after work.

Wish I had an attached garage like Wrigley!! I am planning to have one in my ER home, once I have moved north. Then I'll just enter and leave through the garage.

Edited to add: I forgot that I also have French double doors leading from the bedroom onto the patio. I have never used them even once!! When I bought the house, they were a big "plus" as I saw myself opening them to sit on the very private patio in the evening just before bedtime, and so on. However with the humidity, bugs, and wildlife I have never been inspired to do that.

Last edited:
I worry about sending packages to people who always go into the house through the garage, the package could sit by the main entrance forever, unnoticed. Seems a shame to me because it's as if people go in and out thru the servant's quarters and don't enjoy the front entrance design.

I use the back door when I want to go to the back yard. Otherwise, it's always the front door.

Through the garage. We have five doors, three in the back and two in the front.

Through the garage, never use front door and back door is only used when playing in the back.

Had to do some thinking about this. Wife and I have been married 37 years (2nd go around for us both) and have lived at 15 different addresses. After going through them all, discovered we never entered through a rear door. Always the front door. Two locations were 2nd and 10th level condos. Looking back further, guess I haven't entered through a back door since I was a kid.

Always the back door.
And cuppajoe is right, I have to be sure to search for packages any time I'm expecting one. Seems the UPS/Fedex guys like to play games too, they often leave packages at different doors. To keep me guessing I suppose.
Steve

I always use the front door, since I park in the driveway. DW uses the garage door opener, then comes in thru the garage/laundry room door. We also have two sliders out to the back yard. Like W2R, we very seldom use the one off the master bedroom; almost always go out thru the dining room.

We use the front door because ( and do not be impressed by this.It is rickety but necessary when you live three stories up and are carrying groceries ) the elevator is there . The back door is off a deck which has a ton of steps to the top . Helps to prevent asthmatic burglars from robbing us .

always side door when dwelling has had more than one entryway. But that is due to the fact that the side door has always been right next to where we park. And the side door provides immediate access to the kitchen - good for unloading the groceries.

But that is due to the fact that the side door has always been right next to where we park. And the side door provides immediate access to the kitchen - good for unloading the groceries.
Same here, exactly. And it's also the closest door to our detached garage.

Recession hit you hard, did it? When you've lost so much money you can't afford doors any more, you know you've been in the market in 2009. :cool:
I'd gladly have been "all in" to the market during all of 2009 so far -- if I could go back in time and be "all out" for all of 2008.

I'd gladly have been "all in" to the market during all of 2009 so far -- if I could go back in time and be "all out" for all of 2008.

Ah, but 2009 has only just begun....:hide:

But you're right - - 2008 was the worst so far! "And they call me a cock-eyed optimist..."

Last edited:
We are another family that comes in and goes out through the attached garage. The door is in the kitchen. The younger son usually parks on the street so when he leaves in the morning he leaves through the front door. But when he comes home at night he comes in through the garage using his remote opener.

We have a sliding glass door in the kitchen that goes out to the deck and the backyard.

Back Door.jpg

Back
Top Bottom