Giant Rat....................

I seem to remember a sponsored(state) PBS cooking show pre Katrina on all the ways to cook em. Didn't recognize the chef though.

It was not Prudomme, Justin Wilson, Folse, lea Chase, or any of the usual suspects.

I suppose now they have bigger fish to fry - pun intended.

heh heh heh - :D

I am licking my chops just thinking about putting one of those varmints on a BBQ grill. I am sure that the nutria would be a tasty treat.:D

Instead of the food stamp program maybe what the U.S government should do is start hunting and giving out the nutria meat to those that refuse to work and reufse to be productive members of society. I am sure that the number of people applying for food stamps would go way down. :D heh, heh, heh

Heck if it's good enough for the good people of Louisana then I guess it is good enough for those who refuse to work.

GOD BLESS:angel:

attachment.php

Hey Purron,

Thanks for the map. I have a Q though. Is all of the "tan" colored area on the map "states with native range" (i.e. Alaska, Hawaii, etc)? In other words, does tan equal dark brown?

attachment.php

Hey Purron,

Thanks for the map. I have a Q though. Is all of the "tan" colored area on the map "states with native range" (i.e. Alaska, Hawaii, etc)? In other words, does tan equal dark brown?

I don't think so. Here is a link to another map: USGS National Wetlands Research Center: Worldwide Distribution, Spread of, and Efforts to Eradicate the Nutria

For example, nutria were not able to survive in Minnesota and Michigan and are extinct in Montana. Interesting that the nutria were "scattered" into Texas as a result of hurricanes.

Funny how people are about food. They will eat gross things like mussels and clams but say oh ish to nutria.

Holy sugarbeets Batman! It's Enola Prudhomme Paul's Sister whose recipes are among those that show up - sponsered by the LA Dept. of WildLife and Fisheries.

Nutria Gumbo anyone!

heh heh heh - :cool: Don't Google unless you have already eaten.

This is 'political'.. or not.. but I thought it was funny:

Mike Huckabee took time out from the campaign trail in South Carolina to visit with Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." Things were going well until Mike Huckabee offered this revolting revelation about his eating habits in college ---- he regularly fried squirrel in a popcorn popper in his dorm room. He offers the squirrel story beginning at about the 1:15 mark of the video:
Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Geez.. and you thought you had it bad with dorm-mates and the smelly microwave. Didn't Huck ever hear of a hibachi?

I seem to remember a sponsored(state) PBS cooking show pre Katrina on all the ways to cook em. Didn't recognize the chef though.

It was not Prudomme, Justin Wilson, Folse, lea Chase, or any of the usual suspects.

I suppose now they have bigger fish to fry - pun intended.

heh heh heh - :D

Yes, you are right about that show. I don't know if it was on PBS or what, but it was state sponsored. I saw it too though I changed the channel pretty quickly!! I am never going to eat one of those ugly things. ;)
Funny how people are about food. They will eat gross things like mussels and clams but say oh ish to nutria.
That's 'cause we've seen where nutria live and what they eat! :2funny:

Folks when one goes to the store to buy meat or one eats out at their favorite dining facility does one know what kind of meat they are eating. It could be horse, rat, dog or cow.

With the price of heating oil, gas, food, etc...., etc. going up and out of sight -folks might be forced to eating more veggies or resort to eating rattlesnakes, pos·sums, horses, lizards, rats, squir·rels, cats, beef·a·lo , and dogs. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

GOD BLESS:angel:

Back
Top Bottom