Gift card question

I got none. Finally something that I missed from Megacorp, my last manager used to send each of his team a $25 gift card for Christmas. Wasn't anything he could expense, so it was appreciated. Oh well nobody's made me w*rk 25 hours straight since I left, that's a better gift.
MRG

Edit to disguise the 4 letter word I used.

Last edited:
I got a $100 gift card for Williams-Sonoma. Along with my 40% employee discount for my seasonal fun j*b, it got me a beautiful All Clad pan.

A really practical item from Amazon is one of those Oral B electric toothbrushes with the inserts. Very dull but saves a lot of pain at the dentist office ... real pain and wallet pain. I like the kind that has a recharge stand and built in timer that forces one to brush for 2 minutes if they listen for the beeps.

I didn't get a gift card but we gave one to our son. I did get a nice cold weather running shirt and have used it too. It has little thumb holes for warming your hands pulling it over your knuckles. My family knows I'm a big Amazon affection-ado and buy all kinds of things for myself and others there. They have a tough time figuring out what to get me.

Last edited:
I bought myself this battery charger for Christmas. Supposedly it's the best one out there - it makes rechargeable batteries last longer and can even "refresh" ones that aren't working so well any more.
I've had one of those for a few years now. It works well. Being able to charge each battery individually is a big plus.

We got $50 in gift cards for Outback Steakhouse. Not my favorite for steaks, but hey....it's free! ;)

My mother gives me and DW a $100 gift card each to Nordstroms every year. We don't shop Nordstroms normally. About mid summer I always say that I'll gently let her know we don't shop there but it never happens. We struggle finding something there but it always gets spent. We are waiting a few months this year to let the store restock after the holiday.

My mother gives me and DW a $100 gift card each to Nordstroms every year. We don't shop Nordstroms normally. About mid summer I always say that I'll gently let her know we don't shop there but it never happens. We struggle finding something there but it always gets spent. We are waiting a few months this year to let the store restock after the holiday.

Maybe see if Nordstroms has a rack of gift cards and buy an Amazon(=anything) card with the Nordstroms card? you might take a slight hit if Nordstroms charges a few bucks for selling you a $100 Amazon card, but Amazon is pretty darn useful.

I have a gift card issue of a different nature.

Talking Heads - And She Was, Nothing But Flowers, City Of Dreams, Wild Wild Life
Beck - Tropicalia, Cold Brains, Teenage Wastebasket, Lost Cause, Nightmare Hippie Girl
David Lindley - El Rayo-x, Mercury Blues (with Jackson Brown), Talk to The Laywer
Alexi Murdoch - Blue Mind, Song For You
Barenaked Ladies - Crazy, I Love You, Jane
Brian Eno/David Byrne - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today (whole album)
Joni Mitchell - Cold Blue Steel And Sweet Fire
Amy Rigby - Don't Ever Change, Downside Of Love
Eleni Mandell - A Possibility, Somebody Else
Psapp - Part Like Waves
Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Paula Frazer - Always In My Mind
Holly Cole - Saturday Night (Deep In The Heart Of)
Robert Wyatt - Heaps Of Sheep
Stephen Duffy and The Lilac Time - Bank Holiday
Mannheim Steamroller - Fresh Aire (most of the album) 'Musak'

Last edited:

Do you have a Nordstrom Rack store? It's a Nordstrom clearance store with lower prices.
Nordstrom Rack

My MIL would send me scented soap (grapefruit, kiwi, jasmine, raspberry) every year. I have no sense of smell and I know she knows this. DH has a super sniffer and dislikes many scents so I had a collection of these in a sealed box in the back of a closet. Finally, DH took them to Goodwill. When you make a donation you get a coupon for 20% off your next purchase. Oh, boy!

Last edited:
I got Lands End and also LL Bean gift cards for Christmas. Also a gift card to a local restaurant I favor during the w*rk week. I will definitely have no problems spending them.

Amazon sells so many things. I think that is a great gift card to give (or receive). I have Amazon Prime shipping and probably get a delivery once or twice a month.

I sell my unwanted gift cards on ebay .

We got $50 in gift cards for Outback Steakhouse. Not my favorite for steaks, but hey....it's free! ;)

You should also be able to use it at Carrabba's, Fleming's Steak House, Bonefish Grill, and some place called Roy's.

You should also be able to use it at Carrabba's, Fleming's Steak House, Bonefish Grill, and some place called Roy's.

I know there is or used to be a Carrabba's here. Not so sure about the others, though. If the Carrabba's is still around, we might try it.

Back
Top Bottom