Golf carts - best brand?

boog

Recycles dryer sheets
Thinking about buying a recent model used electric golf cart. Not looking for a fast one which requires registration, just a regular (<20 mph) cart. Is there a significant difference in quality or reliability between brands? Any tips for shopping?

We bought a used Club Car electric as our first cart. It is a '98 and have had it for 3 years. We got one with the rear facing seat in the back. It has run great for us. Not too much to them, mostly the batteries. The newer the better and watch the water levels.

There are a ton of resale places near our FL home. We went buy work of mouth. they delivered and will come to the house for maintenance ans such.

Club Car is the best riding electric cart imo. I just bought a 2008 model. I've had Yamaha and they are reliable, but rode a little bouncy.

Just bought a 2015 EzGo about a month ago.... runs great and the brand came highly recommended.. if I bought again, I'd look at used, but only most recent years that provide the AC continuous power...a lot of the older golf cars struggle on hills. You could save a lot of cash buying used. Make sure batteries are new or relatively new because they are pricey.

BTW, my EzGo will hit 23mph... today it ran at 20mph with DW and 2 dogs riding along. Older cars can be modified to go up to 30mph or so.

Attachments

• IMG_1860.jpg
    IMG_1860.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom