Votes: 11 5.1%
  • 80-89

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 90-99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dixonge

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It occurs to me that many of the threads here devolve into some form of "You kids get off my lawn!" LOL :wiseone:

So I thought I'd do a poll. I'm mostly curious to see how many of the members are my parents' age - or my kids'...

Geez..I just submitted my 'vote', and I'm the oldest one to do so......thus far.....guess the other old farts are still trying to get out of bed.

Geez..I just submitted my 'vote', and I'm the oldest one to do so......thus far.....guess the other old farts are still trying to get out of bed.
Or maybe they're just getting to bed after partying all night :)

It occurs to me that many of the threads here devolve into some form of "You kids get off my lawn!" LOL :wiseone:

And what is the matter with keeping your own kids in your own lawn. And keeping them quiet in a restaurant. :bat:

It's pretty easy to just tie their show laces together to keep them at home.

Just now stating to read the forum this morning "because" I've been mowing my lawn and fixing some fence line since before 7am this morning. Stopped mowing last night at 9pm. Will pick it up again about 6 tonight.

So yes, they (kids and adults) better stay off my lawn.

btw, so far the age distribution is a little lower than what I expected for this forum, but so far there are only 37 votes.

Last edited:
Now you have to extrapolate from potentially unrelated data. Wouldn't it have been more scientific to just do a "grumpiness" poll? "How grumpy are you on a scale of 1 to 5?"

1) I'm so relentlessly cheerful, I have to wear lead shoes to keep me from floating away.
2) Rainy days and Mondays always get me down, but the rest of the week? I'm up for anything!
3) I'm OK most of the time, but after putting up with my brother-in-law for more than an hour, I always need a drink.
4) Oh sheez, there goes that neighbor girl in her shorty-shorts. What a little chippy. Who does she think she is?
5) You brought me freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies? Hmph. I think I see nuts in there. What's wrong with you? You KNOW I can't have nuts!

I almost clicked 50-59, then remembered I'm older than that now. It keeps changing.....

You aren't really old until you start referring to yourself, without irony, as a "Seeen-yerr."

btw, so far the age distribution is a little lower than what I expected for this forum, but so far there are only 37 votes.

maybe because of those who think they are younger than they really are, and thereby vote accordingly.

I'll be 68 in less than a month, and I have definitely noticed myself getting grumpier.

On the other hand, for some reason it pleases me to be grumpier now - - so it's not entirely a bad change from my point of view.

So get off my lawn! :LOL: I actually, literally chased a ten year old boy off my lawn a week or two ago BTW.

It's a little higher than I expected. I thought that 40- and 50-somethings would be the biggest groups, since those are the ones who are starting to think about ER or have recently pulled the trigger. That was the time period when I was most involved in the forum, since I had a lot to learn and figure out.

Now you have to extrapolate from potentially unrelated data. Wouldn't it have been more scientific to just do a "grumpiness" poll? "How grumpy are you on a scale of 1 to 5?"

1) I'm so relentlessly cheerful, I have to wear lead shoes to keep me from floating away.
2) Rainy days and Mondays always get me down, but the rest of the week? I'm up for anything!
3) I'm OK most of the time, but after putting up with my brother-in-law for more than an hour, I always need a drink.
4) Oh sheez, there goes that neighbor girl in her shorty-shorts. What a little chippy. Who does she think she is?
5) You brought me freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies? Hmph. I think I see nuts in there. What's wrong with you? You KNOW I can't have nuts!

Ok, at this rate of "grumpiness" I think you are going to need to go to at least 10 examples to cover most people.:LOL:

Last edited:
I'll be 68 in less than a month, and I have definitely noticed myself getting grumpier.

On the other hand, for some reason it pleases me to be grumpier now - - so it's not entirely a bad change from my point of view.

So get off my lawn! :LOL: I actually, literally chased a ten year old boy off my lawn a week or two ago BTW.

I saw you and couldnt believe it! But don't you think you took it a bit too far when you continued chase in your car? :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Tromadz/Grandma.jpg

Really? I thought the cookie sneerer was pretty terrible! I've actually met all of these folks, so I was just trying to keep it real :LOL:

I invite you to add 5 examples of even worse grumpiness that we are likely to commit as we age.

Ok, at this rate of "grumpiness" I think you are going to need to go to at least 10 examples to cover most people.:LOL:

Here in SoCal we yell for kids to get off our xeriscapes. After all - there's a drought.

It's a little higher than I expected. I thought that 40- and 50-somethings would be the biggest groups, since those are the ones who are starting to think about ER or have recently pulled the trigger. That was the time period when I was most involved in the forum, since I had a lot to learn and figure out.

It's Friday morning !! Most of us young, strong handsome 40 year olds are at w*rk !!! :cool:

Only you older folks have the time on a work day to answer surveys and chase 10 years olds... (wait, that came out wrong... :D)

me ?... how do i have the time ? i work for myself... :angel:

I may be old but I'm young at heart and have the sex drive of a twenty year old.

Back
Top Bottom