Guest Room - Do you have one?

Since I am taking pics of the apartment to share with my parents over the holidays, I thought I would share a few photos of our guest room / office here:

The "office" wall:
8244844427_7322b9a176_z.jpg

Very nice! Are those antique maps I see on the wall above the computer? I'm a firm believer that every room should have at least one old map on the wall.

We have a guest room at the house that only my MIL has spent the night in a few times. Our guest room at the az condo gets a lot of use.

Last edited:
Since I am taking pics of the apartment to share with my parents over the holidays, I thought I would share a few photos of our guest room / office here:

Very classy, FIREd! What a gorgeous view.

Very nice! Are those antique maps I see on the wall above the computer? I'm a firm believer that every room should have at least one old map on the wall.

One is an antique map, the other a genealogical tree. I like that kind of stuff.

+1 Along with a Herman Miller chair to study it.

That is a beautiful room with a beautiful view FIREd. When I see that view, all I can think about is all the exploring there would be living there.

We had a guest bedroom and another bedroom that was our office, until the end of July of this year. Our daughter, son-in-law and 4 year old granddaughter moved back in with us. Our office became our granddaughter's bedroom, our family room with bath downstairs became her parent's space (bed, dressers, desk for computer, small couch and chair and flat screen tv) and the other spare bedroom which originally was 2 small bedrooms is now our family room. Our house is at full capacity and there is not room for anything else!

We don't have a guest room but in the rare case we have overnight guests they get distributed around the house.

For those that have two bedrooms and one of the two is a guest room, where do they keep all their paperwork, records, and random stuff to store?

We have one. It is just one of the kids bedrooms redone. Probably should brick it up to make sue they can't move back!

The view from my condo is even nicer :) I live two blocks away from one of the most iconic buildings of this entire nation. With a direct view on it. Sorry if this sounds presumptuous.
Bestwifeever said:
Very classy, FIREd! What a gorgeous view.

For those that have two bedrooms and one of the two is a guest room, where do they keep all their paperwork, records, and random stuff to store?

I live in a condo that is a two bedroom and den. The den is where I have set up my "office". It has a large walk in closet where I have put two four drawer filing cabinets. My stuff is now way more organized than when I lived in a house.

The view from my condo is even nicer :) I live two blocks away from one of the most iconic buildings of this entire nation. With a direct view on it. Sorry if this sounds presumptuous.

This thread is useless without pictures! :LOL:

We have a very small and simple guest room in our very small and simple home. It's already been used a few times this year when friends came to visit.

It's also handy if DH or I get a cold or something and want to sleep apart. That doesn't happen often though. We like to snuggle:)

Attachments

• DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 7
Now that the kids are gone, we have two guest rooms. They are used frequently. Some relatives come and stay for a weekend and then my kids and their families come at least once a month.

Last edited:
I have two extra bedrooms, one with a full size bed and the other with a twin. My friends joke that these rooms serve mostly as my two really big walk-in closets for the overflow from the master bedroom.

Same here (but one is a queen and the other a twin). For the young wife, the main purpose for those rooms is extra closets. Although when one of us is sick, I will sleep in one of the guest bedrooms (usually the twin). We also have a separate office, sewing room and gym room, so those two rooms will never be anything but bedrooms.

I live in a condo that is a two bedroom and den. The den is where I have set up my "office". It has a large walk in closet where I have put two four drawer filing cabinets. My stuff is now way more organized than when I lived in a house.

Makes sense, to me that is the ideal set up. For the home office, pick a room with a walk in closet (which can be locked) and use the walking closet to house filing cabinets and other items.

Last edited:
Live in a 3-2-2 "ranch" (it is Texas, after all...), so the middle bedroom is my music room, and the third bedroom is my "guest" room, complete with full-sized bed. Doesn't get much use, but it's there.

Guest Room - Do you have one?

Well, yes and no. I have a 'guest' room, but It's currently housing 13 RC airplanes. Either hanging from the ceiling, shelved on wall racks, or leaning against walls. #13 (9ft. wing, 7ft. fuselage) is laying across the guest bed. #s 14 and 15 (both 9 ft wings) have been relocated to hanging in the master BR. :blush:

You're not married, I can tell. This is a former avid R/C airplane enthusiast. All of my airplanes were banished to either the shop or an unused basement room in the former house.

Here we do have a rarely used guest room but there simply were no two bedroom homes where we moved to. And I think it will help the resale ability since so few people want a two bedroom house.

I guess because I am in a growing area with families with kids, houses with 4 BR are a lot more popular than those with 3BR. Even with my first home bought in 1980, which was not that big at 1,850-sq.ft, we were talked by the builder into getting a 4-BR floor plan for easier resale. We were just married and the 1st kid did not arrive for several more years. I did not even have that much [-]junk[/-] treasure to store in the spare bedrooms.

And yes, I was able to sell that home later at asking price.

Awww, come on. Post the picture of the view! I want to see it:)
+1. Yes, both obgyn and Meadbh should post their view.

Here's the view from the guest BR of the boonies home. I have posted this before. It is not really "wilderness" like one would have thought. Look very closely and one can spot some tiny rooftops on the next hill.

I am not there now to take an interior photo to show that the decor is country-style, as it should be for a boonies home.

img_1255737_0_25932c7902e0f8185cdd33cb211b1fef.jpg

Last edited:
I live in a 850 square foot 1 bedroom with den apartment. My guest room is an Aero-bed air mattress on the den floor.

Back
Top Bottom