Halloween Poll - Any Scary Stories to Share For Halloween?

Any Scary Stories to Share For Halloween?

• Yes - I Have a Scary Story to Share. Here's My Story and I'm sticking to it.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Yes - Had a Scary experience. But would rather not talk about.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Not Sure Had paranormal things happen. But not sure if real or not.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No - Nothing Halloween scary has happened to me.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No - Enough of this nonsense.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Ok, one more.
Coincidence? I think not.

My grandfather died and his house lay empty for a year while DW and I renovated the place. Put new hard wired smoke alarms in as required.
On our very first night in the house, at 5:30 on-the-dot, the smoke alarms went off! No reason. We joked about it that the old man was saying "no one sleeps late in my house!".
The smokes never went off again in 30 years.

Ok...next his son -my uncle died-20 year later.
On the morning of his funeral....the fire alarms went off at the funeral home just at the very end of his service. No reason! They just went off. Fire trucks, the whole gamut.

Then....five years later, I was talking with a friend about how her father seemed to be communicating from the beyond. I wasn't taking it too seriously. But that night I went to bed thinking about my uncle. Not calling him or anything, just thinking about his life and so on.
....Midnight on the dot! The smoke alarms go off.
This is the only two times in 30 year that the smoke have gone off in our house.

So, I think this is how my family communicates (??)

I had a similar situation the night before going to the wake of a friend's sibling. I said kind of jokingly, watch it, the lights will probably go on and off. Sure enough, the lights went on and off about 5 times during the night. There was a rainstorm, but in rainstorms past, I could only remember maybe one time lights went off.

Well, lots of people go on cruises sometime in their life. If she had said "Even though you don't like cruises..." or something about the performer, it might have more weight.

And what other things did she tell you that didn't happen? People tend to recall the 'hits' and forget the 'misses'.

I know of a house that is supposedly haunted, several people have reported some pretty strange things. I told the owner I don't believe in such things, and he challenged me to spend the night there. I said "No. I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in the power of suggestion!".

-ERD50

You should have took that owner up on the offer. Being a facts, just the facts type of person you are just to investigate.

So you were afraid that by the power of suggestion you'd see ghosts and decided not to stay overnight? I would have loved the opportunity ... as long as I didn't stay by myself :(.

You said that you don't believe in ghosts but by not accepting the challenge, I'm sure you gave the impression that you were afraid of ghosts.

Last edited:
When I was in the 3rd grade, we lived in Missouri outside St. Louis in a typical subdivision. I'd spend days flying a kite, laying on my back and staring up into the clouds behind my kite, wondering what was up there; heaven, God, etc. One morning I woke up before dawn to a glowing light coming in my bedroom window. I got up and went outside. Up above the tree line across the street, I saw a glowing globe. A ball that looked like the sun but more orange/yellow as if I was seeing it though smoke from a fire. It was a big ball and I thought it must be the sun and that there was some sort of smoke or clouds allowing me to view it directly. However the ball moved. It first moved up and down, then it started moving sideways. It had moved low enough so that when it moved sideways near the tree line across the street, I could see it was in front of, not behind, the trees, so it couldn't be the sun. This perspective; seeing the ball in front of the trees gave me an impression that the size was maybe as big as a very large house, maybe 75' in diameter. It made no noise and moved smoothly without any bounce or sway as if on a breeze. I recall that because I thought maybe it was a rather large balloon but that since it didn't bob around, it couldn't be. No one else was outside and I was all alone. I stood watching it for quite a while, at least 15 minutes or so, which is a long time for someone my age at the time. I remember I was getting cold and went back inside to my bedroom. I looked out the window and what ever it was, was now gone.

As I grew up and got further experience on seeing other objects that had that glow, I'd now say that it must have been a metal ball of very shiny metal and just high enough to reflect the rising sun which had not yet cleared the horizon from my vantage point. That stands to reason as I remember the ball was opposite the direction the sun normally rose.

So what did I see? Personally, I think I saw a UFO that morning. Since then, I've seen a similar shiny ball in the sky, just not nearly as close to me as this one was. This time it was 7 or 8 years ago when I was still working in the mountains for a utility company maintaining hydro dams. I did a little research and discovered there are a lot of other people who have reported seeing these floating balls too. You can google search for 'silver orbs'

You said that you don't believe in ghosts but by not accepting the challenge, I'm sure you gave the impression that you were afraid of ghosts.

Could be, but that's OK with me. Their belief has no effect on my belief! :)

-ERD50

So what did I see? Personally, I think I saw a UFO that morning. ....

I believe you did see a UFO, well, at least a UO. Since you could not identify it, it is by definition, an "Unidentified Object". I guess we can't be sure it was flying, but I suppose a reflection or something that appears to be flying could be considered to be 'flying'. After all, we say that "time flies".

-ERD50

While in the Air Force I was stationed in England at an RAF base that had once been an emergency landing base, right on the coast of the North Sea. The story was a German plane crash landed during the war. The German pilot was trapped in the aircraft while the plane started to burn. The fire crews refused to help the pilot escape, and he burned to death.
Two times while I was stationed there, there were reports of unauthorized personnel spotted on aircraft by a maintenance crew, including one time seen sitting in the pilot’s seat. Security personnel were called, yet no one was found. Another time, an operations officer manning our ops center late at night, saw a man in the hallway of our squadron building. He appeared to be burned and wearing old pilot’s gear. Our squadron building was a morgue during WWII.

This is not scary, but a rather sad story. When I lived in Connecticut, a woman was struck by a car outside of a haunted house. She was bloody and was reaching out and begging for help. The passerbys who were going to the haunted house, thought she was an actor and part of the scene. People were laughing and telling her how realistic she looked as they walked passed her. I can’t fathom the last thoughts that this poor woman had before she died, as people laughed at her while she was pleading for help.

5 Horrible Accidents People Thought Were Halloween Displays

Oh there's the one. We lived 25 miles outside Whiteman airforce base for about 10 years. One year around Halloween I drove to our very secluded home after dark. There were no streetlights for miles of there. Below our home was nothing for as far as you could see, only a small farm pond and woods.

In the pond was an eerie glow, blueish green and it appeared to be slightly vibrating. I was seriously afraid of what it was, we lived in the wilderness. I was 40 years old and had never seen anything like this in my life. It was 1999 and we all knew Y2K was the end!

I drove to the house and grabbed a 22 pistol and another 10 round magazine. After all I was fighting aliens! I needed firepower![emoji16] As I drove to the pond the glow appeared to move, suddenly it diminished! Aliens are sneaky, I was seriously confused about what was happening.

As I slowly drove around the pond I realized, the eerie glow was the reflection of the full moon on the frozen pond at harvest time!

I'm glad it wasn't aliens as I was terribly under armed.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who participated. I enjoyed reading your experiences and stories (whether scary, interesting or humorous). :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom