Hard Liquor or Just Beer & Wine

I...

• ...regularly drink hard liquor.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • ...regularly drink only beer and/or wine.

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • ...don't regularly drink alcoholic beverages.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • ...never drink any alcoholic beverages.

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've got nothing against the strong stuff, I guess I just never got into it. What about you?

bar tender, another jack daniels if you please.

wine makes me sleepy, beer makes me full. i didn't drink for about 10 years (was just a weekend drinker before that) but started again in mom's last few months. gotta admit, it helped. now i just have a drink every so often, nothing regular.

never cared much for beer though i learned to drink it free in college. now sometimes i have it on ice during a hot summer day. pretty refreshing actually.

Everything in moderation. That said I enjoy it all but regularly drink beer and wine. Lazy, I used to put ice in my beer also. Got ragged badly in college by the guys because of it but it made sense to me. Who wants hot beer. Ever drink a (sp) shandy?

I only drink scotch on special occasions such as our annual family reunion and holidays. Otherwise I prefer Beck's,
St.Pauli, Pilsner Urquell, Stella Artois, etc. I rarely drink during the week, but always on Friday (pizza night :)). When traveling I like to sample the local micro-brews. I hope to brew my own once I'm RE.

Beer is ...

... proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.:D

i'm a real habit kinda guy, which has it's benefits and it's liabilities. One Canadian and Pepsi every night. Often fall asleep about half way through it. As a check, every January for the last ten years or more i've taken the month of January off - no alcohol a'tall. Kind of fun breaking a habit, figure if it bothers me too much i should stay quit, thus far it hasn't been a huge struggle. Rarely drink beer, red wines are good, but i have all the discriminating taste of a hound, so high dollar bottles don't meet my joy/dollar threshold. 3 buck Chuck cab is plenty fine for me.

I never really developed a taste for booze. Prefer coffee or tea.....usually just water!

However......I always use Jack Daniels in marinades and BBQ sauces. It adds a certain something to them. So there's always a bottle of Jack in the kitchen!

Big dry reds
Buttery whites
Peaty single malts

And they always taste better when someone else buys :) (which means I don't drink these as regularly as I might like to...)

I never really developed a taste for booze. Prefer coffee or tea.....usually just water!

However......I always use Jack Daniels in marinades and BBQ sauces. It adds a certain something to them. So there's always a bottle of Jack in the kitchen!
I use it in pecan pie...yum...but I don't like to drink it...go figure!

When I was younger...good date beer, bad date the hard stuff
a little older...beer at back yard BBQ's, Tropical "rum" drinks on vacation
now...don't drink much...less than 6 drinks per year

Almost exclusively wine, with a Margarita thrown in when I go to a Mexican restaurant. Beer makes me tired.

Al, I can't vote - I regularly drink hard liquor and beer (just not at the same time)

Mmm, beer. I love a good pale ale but anymore it's just too filing.
I like a good Pinot Noir, light red wine with dinner every now and then.

Just a beer once in a while. I've got 3 bottles (given to me) of Canadian Club Highland Mist put away somewhere. The seals say "bottled in 1971". Wondering if this stuff is supposed to get better with age??

I can't vote either, Al, I had beer and margaritas last night!
I usually drink beer, though, and not much wine. I think I like beer because I can count the bottles, you know?
If you drink wine, someone is always topping it off and it makes it hard to tell how much you've had. But the beer is self-limiting, like Lazy said.

Not Soon, I've really started enjoying the Stella Artois, too!
Have you tried the new low cal Becks? Supposed to only have 65 calories. Wonder if it is any good. I drink a lot of Amstel even though I prefer pale ales--try and cut down on the liquid calories when possible.

I only have beer for beer batter and I almost exclusively drink red wine and tequila(usually as a margarita). Course, I can't vote because I don't drink regularly...

Ex-drinker

I am a reformed alcoholic, which I can say because I am somewhat anonymous here. The poll didn't allow for that. Just a few years ago I would have checked a different answer. I've drunk enough for a few lifetimes; hopefully no more in this one,though!

"I'm the same ******* I always was, but now there's less dents in my car."
-- Robin Williams on quitting booze.

My wife and I drink wine with dinner frequently; we're particularly fond of zinfandel and pinot noir. Pizza and mexican food call for beer. We don't drink much of the hard stuff at home (maybe an occasional brandy on a cold evening), but when we go out for a nice meal, we often order a cocktail before dinner. She likes a brandy old fashion and I like dirty vodka martinis. I'd say on average we consume 1-2 drinks each, 3-4 days a week (mostly Friday through Sunday).

Is it Dave Barry that says: "If God didn't want us to drink beer he wouldn't have invented pizza."

Back
Top Bottom